Honor Harrington aka David Webber

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am actually on a sabbatical from MT at present due to real life issues but I just had to share this 'find' with those here who are either a fan of sci-fi or have an interest in miltary history and philosophy.

The link is to the first part of a multi-part interview with David Webber, author of probably my favourite series of books, the Honor Harrington story arc. Just follow the links in the side bar or do a search of YouTube.

His words span the spectrum of both what drives him to write what he does and his understanding of the military, religion and personal morality. I now know why I like his Harrington books so much ... he thinks the same way I do :D.

Watch and enjoy ... as this constitutes my last contribution to the board for a while

Last edited by a moderator:

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that man. I like Webber's work, first read him when he did that Bolo book. I've not read any of the Harrington novels yet though. As weird as it sounds, I never enjoyed reading female heros, with the one exception being Dagny Taggart from Atlas Shrugged.

I'll have to check them out though.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw this post. David Weber is a great writer. I started his first Honor Harrington book and I have to say I almost gave it up because it seemed so boring. However, that scene in the book where she presses the button and the ship battle begins hooked me. I have read most of his books and have to say, Weber really does space naval warfare better than anyone else.

mmartist

Green Belt
Reaction score
He is really good. Right after I finished all the Honorverse books I could get my hands on I started the Safehold series, although they are very simular to some of the plots in his Dahak books they are really good as well.

Latest Discussions