History Channel - The Human Weapon

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They have been running the trailers all week..Already programmed into the DVR...

Tarot

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Woot! Although I do wish there wasn't the competition at the end. Just once I would like there to be a series like this that just focused on history, training, and techniques without the "fight" at the end.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just had a look at the site they are also doing programmes on a number of other martial arts....cant wait although i have ad a look at the History channel uk sight and its not mentioned.....but alas i think i might be able to find it on the web.

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am VERY excited about this series.. They are covering a wonderful range of arts including Silat (Malaysian Bersilat I beleive) and Doce Pares Escrima (WOOT!). I am wondering who they are going to end up sparring with in Cebu City.. I have stick sparred with Guro Val and he is simply INCREDIBLE!

Can't wait for Friday Night!

Rob

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Saw the promo for this last evening on the history channel and I look forward to watching it. Hopefully it does not tank.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am just hoping that they do the arts justice for once. In the past many channels have done all of our training and history a disservice. I would love to have people come away from this show with greater understanding of the sacrifice that we make for the love we have for our respective styles.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am just hoping that they do the arts justice for once. In the past many channels have done all of our training and history a disservice. I would love to have people come away from this show with greater understanding of the sacrifice that we make for the love we have for our respective styles.

well, it's been on, so what do you think?

darci

White Belt
Reaction score
I Just Started Kung Fu And After Watching The Human Weapon I Am Certainly Going To Try Muay Thai At Some Point. I Liked The Flying Knee Kicks.

brianhunter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it...There were some cheesy moments but all in all I think it was a good program that made a good attempt in covering MA history in Thailand.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well other than some nice scenary and some okay video footage it did leave alot to be desired. They were supposed to actually have a fight at the end with a former Thai Champion but it was more like tag. (no effort behind the strikes and it certainly was not a fight) It could be better with less host face time and more martial arts being featured. Oh well we will see how next week goes. (escrima) I will tape them but tonight's episode was not the best in my opinon. I hope to be pleasantly surprised next week! Oh and yes maybe I am just expecting to much.
wink.gif

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well other than some nice scenary and some okay video footage it did leave alot to be desired. They were supposed to actually have a fight at the end with a former Thai Champion but it was more like tag. (no effort behind the strikes and it certainly was not a fight) It could be better with less host face time and more martial arts being featured. Oh well we will see how next week goes. (escrima) I will tape them but tonight's episode was not the best in my opinon. I hope to be pleasantly surprised next week! Oh and yes maybe I am just expecting to much.
wink.gif

Yea it was playing tag where was the action, the blood, the intensity. Man I was disappointed all the way.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well other than some nice scenary and some okay video footage it did leave alot to be desired. They were supposed to actually have a fight at the end with a former Thai Champion but it was more like tag. (no effort behind the strikes and it certainly was not a fight)

I agree here. But, if this was to be a real fight, the Thai Champion would had ripped the host a new one ... LOL ... might be why it was toned down a bit.

It could be better with less host face time and more martial arts being featured. Oh well we will see how next week goes. (escrima) I will tape them but tonight's episode was not the best in my opinon. I hope to be pleasantly surprised next week! Oh and yes maybe I am just expecting to much.
wink.gif

Totally agree here.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that the host would have probably been decimated by the former thai champion. Still bill it as an exhibition/demonstration and then we all know what it truly is. It would still be cool and they could have alot of fun with it if they billed it that way.