Historical Fencing In Virginia Beach

M

Matt Anderson

ARMA, Virginia Beach is now offering a Historical Fencing class through the city Department of Parks and Recreation. The class will focus primarily on longsword, dagger, and sword and buckler, with potential to add additional weapons/styles. The class will be at the Kempsville Recreation Center, Saturday mornings, 10:00 am to noon. Membership in the rec. center is required for participation, or a one-day pass is available for $7. Anyone is welcome to come check it out and try a few sessions, students who wish to continue the training long term or achieve ranking/certification in the ARMA system would need to pay a $30 fee to join ARMA. Email me for additional info or contact the Kempsville Rec. Center at 757 474-8492.

Matt Anderson

ARMA, Virginia Beach

[email protected]

www.thearma.org

James Patrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Any specific dates, or is this an ongoing class? Also, any relationship to Mr. Mclemore's "Navarra's on the beach" event in January? I don't know if it is the same location, but I think that Mclemore's event will be held in Virginia beach if I am not mistaken.

James

OP
M

Matt Anderson

James Patrick said:
Any specific dates, or is this an ongoing class? Also, any relationship to Mr. Mclemore's "Navarra's on the beach" event in January? I don't know if it is the same location, but I think that Mclemore's event will be held in Virginia beach if I am not mistaken.

James
It will be an ongoing class, for as long as there is interest.

No, we're not affiliated with Dwight or the Navarra event but I've met Dwight, he's a great guy and a great martial artist, it will doubtless be a good event.

Dwight McLemore

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yep! Although we are not connected with ARMA of Virginia Beach,( Sometimes, due to the Hampton Roads Tunnel traffic the distance between Yorktown and Virginia Beach, might as well be New York City) I've had the opportunity to train with these guys at a seminar. I highly recommend and support thier efforts. Really a great group of progessionals, presenting top-of-the-line instruction. Longsword is highly recommended.

Best
Dwight

Latest Discussions