Hey, look! It's Jeff Speakman!

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay, not really, but I just got Poser 4 from a buddy (Thanks TKDman!) and did this quick render of a guy in a kinda-sorta-I-really-don't-train-EPAK-and-CHKD-has-no-stances-so-I-have-no-real-clue-what-I'm-doing-Neutral Bow and another big guy in a default stance. More to come as I figure out the program, enjoy!

Attachments

• $myfirstattempt.jpg
    $myfirstattempt.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 360
K

KenpoDragon

That was a real poor excuse for a fighting stance,not to mention a neutral bow, NO WAY!!! Dude do your research, about Kenpo, before you start to mimic, and make fun of our stances. I understand, that you don't train in Kenpo, but I'm sure you've seen Perfect Weapon, right? And whose the other guy supposed to be Steven Siegel? Sorry bro, but you really should have played with your new toy a little more before posting this.

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, please do let us know when you create something comparable. There was no need to slam him so hard for offering this.

K

Kirk

Good work, Hollywood! If you lived where I do, saying the 2nd
guy looked like Sifu Brian Duffy in the 80's would crack you up. :p

K

KanoLives

I think the picture looks good myself. Keep practicing at it.

:asian:

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good first effort! I'm sure you'll get better with practice (as is true with just about anything). Please let me know what the learning curve is like for that program, if you get time. Thanks.

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

T

TKDman

Originally posted by Hollywood1340
Okay, not really, but I just got Poser 4 from a buddy (Thanks TKDman!) and did this quick render of a guy in a kinda-sorta-I-really-don't-train-EPAK-and-CHKD-has-no-stances-so-I-have-no-real-clue-what-I'm-doing-Neutral Bow and another big guy in a default stance. More to come as I figure out the program, enjoy!

Very Nice Pictures, mite I remind you that Poser4™ was purchased legally, and the rights remain exclusivly to TKDman.

Kenpo, id like to see you make a picture like that!

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Man I would have figured the whole long name before it would have clued you in I have no idea what I was doing when it came to the stance? Anyway, yeah the harderst part is figuring out how the body moves. Then trying to figure how to get the program to make it do what you want. I don't have help installed for soem odd reason, but a few online tuturials gave me a good start. I still can't add clothing that'll stay on, but that's my next big deal to figure out. Just play with it long enough, and you'll figure it out.

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by TKDman
Very Nice Pictures, mite I remind you that Poser4™ was purchased legally, and the rights remain exclusivly to TKDman.

Kenpo, id like to see you make a picture like that!

Can't promise Win2K pro will be, still want it?

T

TKDman

Yes I would like Winace 2k *wink wink*, as long as it is legal *wink wink*.

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
;) ;) Anyway, making that stance was interesting. First I had to move is rear leg backward, but his hips didn't move. So I dropped his hips until all feet were in contact with the floor. Then I moved the leg back and dropped his hips again. (He's um..gotta good base?) I then rotated his torso to be in line, screwed around with this hands to get them in guard, and selected appropriate hand gestures. The other guy is just a buisness dude in a ponytail and a default stance about to be handed his head by sweater dude (I think he looks sorta like JS in "Land of the Free") If you'd like more of the series, ask. I'm going to screw around in Bryce and add some backgrounds.

T

TKDman

You have an obsession with Jeff Speakman, maybe someone should email him so you could meet up with him at some convention.

Who knows he may be 5'0 with gray hair IRL. Maybe he would sign your T-shirt or something.

T

tonbo

Hey, I think the picture looks just fine.

I figure it this way.....I have NO right to criticize anyone's artwork, since I can't draw anything more than stick figures. :D

I'd like to see more of these in a series, if you get around to them.....maybe start up your own online MA comic? I've seen it done.....

Peace--

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I blame this all on Jeff. My ex showed me Pefect Weapon and I was blown away. Here was a martial artist trained under the founder of the system, doing Ed Parkers American Kenpo on film and I thought "I need to do that!" And I have...kinda. To the best of my knowledge I'm the first to use Combat Hapkido in a film. "GR' comes out later this month here in Missoula. So yeah ;) On the way up!

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes ladies and gentleman, that had to hurt! One of the hard things in this program is remembering how things move, and when moving in two planes, how they move in relation to that plane. Keeps you on your toes! (How Buisness Suite dude is flat footed for that shot, I'll never know!) I wanted better, but kept breaking and twisting arms all out of wack, so for now here a go! Boot to the groin!

Attachments

• $kerack!.jpg
    $kerack!.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 202

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by tonbo
Hey, I think the picture looks just fine.

I figure it this way.....I have NO right to criticize anyone's artwork, since I can't draw anything more than stick figures. :D

I'd like to see more of these in a series, if you get around to them.....maybe start up your own online MA comic? I've seen it done.....

Peace--
Stick Figures

Latest Discussions