Hey i am thinking of joining wrestling.

J

J-kid

I want to do some more wrestling out side of school and the only gym i know about near seattle is kings freestyle , Is there any other gyms around seattle Washington that teach wrestling and you can be under 18 and join thanks for the input.

OP
J

JDenz

If you are serious do a search for AAU and USA wrestling. They are the only two wrestling organizations I know of that are in all 50 states. You can find clubs through them. When you find the numbers for the organizations you could just call them and ask them where a club near you is.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My BJJ instructor has been allowed to work out with the local (private) college team although he is not associated with the school. You never know until you ask!

OP
J

J-kid

my judo coach says its ok for us to cross train can anyone give me a link to a good wrestling school near seattle.

OP
J

J-kid

Couldnt find a privite wrestling school. I did find one but you have to be 18 to join. another year to go to enter that school i still need help finding a wrestling school. someone help me! plz

OP
J

JDenz

Contact information for USA wrestling in your area
Washington
Chuck Bullard
PO Box 1041
Poulsbo, WA 98370-0047
Home 360-297-8575
Office 360-297-8494

OP
J

J-kid

Ok ill call is this super long distance? I need to know . Not my phone lol./

OP
J

J-kid

Nvm , didnt see the part where it said washington. So do i just call this guy and he will help me. Or is this just one of your friends?

OP
J

JDenz

He is the head USA director of your area he will have information where every USA wrestling clup is in your state he will be able to help you find a program to join.

OP
J

J-kid

I tryed calling him at home but was unable to get ahold of him. Try after chrismis holidays.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by Judo-kid
I want to do some more wrestling out side of school and the only gym i know about near seattle is kings freestyle , Is there any other gyms around seattle Washington that teach wrestling and you can be under 18 and join thanks for the input.
What school do you go to?

Washington is very big on wrestling, just join at your local high school.

Although it won't be catch-as-can wrestling or any other form of combat wrestling like shuai chiao or Monglian wrestling (school style is scholastic, or collegiate wrestling), you still learn the basics and get a feel of sprawling, shooting, performing takedowns, sensing the person's balance/weight so you can either crackdown or do a peek-out, and controlling his hips and legs.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My BJJ instructor has added a little wrestling to our curriculum and often compares the wrestling version or approach to its BJJ counterpart. Both arts have something to offer!

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If u are still in H.S. then it's not
to late to start there.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Submisson Wrestling is My Favorite Sport:D
I do enjoy other arts & Sports But this to me is the best.
_________________________________________________-------
Good Luck Judo-Kid U will notice a lot of
Thing are the same in arts Like Judo , Sambo & Ju Jitsu

OP
T

tapoutapout

JUDO-KID,

we just opened up a school in kent, wa that specializes in SUBMISSION WRESTLING. you can come in for free and train for the next week or so. if you like it, join. we even have financial aid for kids whose parent's don't make that much. check us out: 827 N central ave suite 102 kent, wa....look for the BIG wrestling sign. call my cell: 253-261-5668

kurt

Latest Discussions