Here comes the Reaper

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Oscar the cat seems to have an uncanny knack for predicting when nursing home patients are going to die, by curling up next to them during their final hours. His accuracy, observed in 25 cases, has led the staff to call family members once he has chosen someone. It usually means they have less than four hours to live.

Article.

Between this, and the Chihuahua, animals are simple amazing. I've heard of dogs being used to predict seizures in people with epilepsy, and predicting earthquakes.

Anyone have any first hand experience of something amazing with one of your pets?

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have no personal stories to relate, but animals never fail to amaze me. This is just another example, simply amazing.​

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know that many animals will go underground when it is about to storm. Or head for the hills when it is about to flood.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I know that many animals will go underground when it is about to storm. Or head for the hills when it is about to flood.

Actually the only study that I know of that actually tried to examine this basically found that during floods animals basically run around randomly, until forced to go a certain direction by rising waters.

Small mammals (rodents) do tend to burrow when they smell smoke.

Lamont

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well... poo. So much for my plans to make a flood detecter by fencing my dog in on a plain and hill. LOL

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*shrugs as if it should be plainly obvious*

It worked because Kitties are Magical.

:D I have to admit, I love cats. I have 2 of them myself. :)

Then again, I am an animal lover overall. I've had birds, dogs, cats, guinea pigs, gerbils, lizards, snakes, and horses.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Article.

Between this, and the Chihuahua, animals are simple amazing. I've heard of dogs being used to predict seizures in people with epilepsy, and predicting earthquakes.

Anyone have any first hand experience of something amazing with one of your pets?

Hmmmm... anyone have a good cat repellent?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I read about this kitty. Pretty amazingly odd if you ask me. Just HOW does the kitty know remains to be a mystery.

Latest Discussions