Helpful cost-cutting tips for the TSA

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://consumerist.com/2011/03/10-ways-for-the-tsa-to-cost-costs-and-increase-revenue.html

Last week, the Director of Homeland Security suggested to Congress that the TSA get a cut of airline baggage fees. The fees encourage travelers to carry on their bags, and this in turn leads to more bags that have to be inspected by hand at security checkpoints. Should taxpayers keep picking up the tab, or should airlines give the TSA a piece of the baggage fees? How about neither? What if instead the TSA looked for more creative ways to cut back and offset costs? Here are 10 modest proposals:

What? I'm just trying to help. :angel:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is another way of cutting costs and at the same time making the experience far more pleasurable. Why not be able to "pick a partner" from the queue and pat each other down. It's only a slight variation from number 10, cuts out the middleman and it could even lead to an ongoing relationship.
icon10.gif

OP
Flea

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hell, you could bill it as a dating service. People might even pay money for it!

Those skies just got friendly again ... :ladysman:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is another way of cutting costs and at the same time making the experience far more pleasurable. Why not be able to "pick a partner" from the queue and pat each other down. It's only a slight variation from number 10, cuts out the middleman and it could even lead to an ongoing relationship.
icon10.gif

I settle for just the cute guy in uniform...not the old b****y woman....

I understand prefrences vary tho... :angel:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who wouldn't want to commemorate the first time a total stranger felt up their privates?

I did, it was high school gym class.....

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who wouldn't want to commemorate the first time a total stranger felt up their privates?

Ah, youthful carelessness...
Those were the days...
Life was good.

About the luggage checks: if you travel without luggage, buy a second hand samsonite (plastic shell type) for as low cost as you can find, and fill it with household garbage. Add organic matter for that extra 'zing'. Then carry it to the TSA for inspection :D
Extra points if you first leave it in the sun for a couple of hours.

OP
Flea

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
You know, Bruno, I've sworn up and down that I'll never fly again unless the TSA drops these asinine pat-downs. Your idea might just make it worth it though!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was gonna say "That's why I stopped being an altar boy".... :D