Help, I'm Being Attacked By Spyware and Viruses!!!

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Or, get a mac or install Linux.

Problem solved :D

No more scanning, no more removing of viruses / adware, no more having your computer working as a zombie to infect others....
So true Andrew. I am running centOS linux... so far so good, just need a good place to get programs and drivers now.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dubljay said:
So true Andrew. I am running centOS linux... so far so good, just need a good place to get programs and drivers now.
Kind of partial to Debian based distrobutions myself (Ubuntu at home, Mepis at work right now...)

Apt-get + synaptic covers pretty much all software needs.

Redhat based stuff isn't always as easy to find in terms of HUGE repos, but you should be able to install just about anything from .rpm files.

Drivers can be a pain sometimes, depends on your hardware, so far I've not had much problems except with NVIDIA, for about 6 months the "current" driver wouldn't run my card, all fixed now though.

For those curious Ubuntu also has a live CD, you can put it in and boot off it testing out everything without installing anything. It will run fine without a harddrive even connected. Oh, and if you have a slow connection they will mail you a copy free, not even charging you shipping.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ive been using microsofts beta version of Antispyware...working pretty good. Runs itself every night.