Hello

RobS

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm new, based in York (the old one in the UK, not the new one! hehe) and have been traning in Kali (mostly Lacoste-Inosanto-Illustrissimo with a tiny bit of balintawak thrown in thanks to a Richard Cotteril seminar) for the past 18 months, pretty much all of it one on one with an instructor though we also have monthly group sessions and I've been teaching some to my GF as apparently the best way to learn is to teach - and I have to agree!

Previously I've done some jiujitsu (I guess it's traditional rather than brazillian, not that I really know the difference) and some thai boxing which I also do now every so often to mix in with the panantuchen.

Not really sure what level I'm at, sort of early intermediate I'd guess (and my instructor would say I'm an intermediate), been training for about 4-10 hours a week with people and another couple of hours on my own. I'm at the point where I can combine techniques and angles into drills at various ranges, then break those rolling drills and switch ranges. And now I'm going back over all the early techniques and refining and practising and refining some more and gradually putting more purpose and realism into them. Currently fairly competent at single and double stick, single and double knife, stick and knife and some empty handed work plus some bits of silat.

Here to find other kali practitioners in the UK and talk to people who understand that the second best form of self defence is throwing your wallet at the idiot with the knife and then running like f***. :cheers:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Happy Posting! :asian:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Latest Discussions