Hello

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello to all.

My name is John from the UK. I stumbled across this forum while searching the net and have decided to quit lurking and get a little involved. Some interesting topics and vast knowledge on here so I am honoured to be a part of it all.

Kind regards

John

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard John, I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

OP
S

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi there, MyUserName

I study a variety of arts now. My preferences are towards Kali, Wing Chun and Jiu-Jitsu. I try to work on the more realistic side of self protection, though I have trained fighters for competitions in the past. I've been training overall for the last 23 or so years and was involved in the early days of MMA in the UK, fighting on the shows and working/training with some of the best competitors in this country. I could ramble on all day:)

And yourself?

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi there, sounds like a powerful mix you have there! I currently study Kevin O'Hagans Combat Jujutsu in Bristol (Kevin has handed these classes over to his senior blackbelts because he mainly concentrates on training MMA fighters now). I also train in TAGB Tae Kwon-Do. I am pretty much a novice in both arts.

Welcome to MT and I look forward to your contributions.

Cheers :)

OP
S

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome, bluekey88.

myusername:
I know Kevin, yes. We met breifly at one of the Ultimate Combat shows in Chippenham. One of my students was fighting on the show. I've read many of Kevins articles and he is a superb 'real' defence teacher from what I've heard/read/seen. You have a great mentor there.

Good luck with your training

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Cheers, Kevin is doing one of his 4 hour seminars in Chippenham soon (1st March). I feel really priviledged to be able to train in his system.

Latest Discussions