hello

yellow_jello

White Belt
Reaction score
hello im new here with no martial arts experience though i did read somewhere that wrestling is considered a martial sport so if thats the case then i do have 2 years. Im interested in getting involved with a martial sport but not sure what i should do..I came from wrestling were you have around 45 matches in a season(4-5months) so of course i want to compete a lot can anyone tell me which sport would best suit me and which one competes a lot

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings..There are a number of MA that have competition..When seeking a school ask your instructor about competition..With a backround in wrestling see if there is a BJJ ( Brazillian Ju-Jitsu) school near you..

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
welcome

go around your area and see what schools are there. Watch a few classes and see if you like what is happening. Talk with the instructor after or befor class and ask what you want to know and about his art.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk. I know you were looking at TKD, but I would have to lean toward the advice Drac gave as well. With a background in wrestling, BJJ or something of that nature might be a great fit for you.

OP
Y

yellow_jello

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk. I know you were looking at TKD, but I would have to lean toward the advice Drac gave as well. With a background in wrestling, BJJ or something of that nature might be a great fit for you.
yea i would think so too i looked at it some online it looks ok but seems really technical =/ its a martial sport too right?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
yea i would think so too i looked at it some online it looks ok but seems really technical =/ its a martial sport too right?

I've seen it used in the ring and on the streets very effectively...When I went to school to get my teachers cerificate for the police academy a Highway Patrol Lt demonstrated some of the BJJ he was showing his platoon..Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to MT.

Don't listen to those people who tell you wrestling isn't a martial art. Its probably the oldest one. Good luck on your search for something new, hope we can help.