Hello

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Your choice to seek real fighting is interesting? Does anyone teach real fighting (anything goes) in there everyday classes? How do you train for something like that...no rules... different fighting styles/street/boxing/and so on..?

If you get a chance read some of "Marc the Animal Macyoung" books..he has some good insights on this......Good Luck and Aloha

OP
Y

yochi

Ja, aloha!

That BJJ place in Puyallup looks dead, apparently their instructor can't get back into the U.S.? The tournaments section on their website is a year old, so I'm not very sure. Now, the T.A.P.E.C. school, do you know if they often have tournaments? And if so, is this a more "aggressive" martial arts?

Danke.

kenpo_disciple

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
yochi said:
Danke for wilkommen.

Ok, I am hearing now that BJJ is just for sport, and not very effective in a real life, war situation? If I saw two thugs beating someone out on the street, would my BJJ be ineffective against these people?

What is a good, fierce, martial arts? I want to do competitions, but I also want a martial arts that could work in a real world situation. Any suggestions?

American Kenpo

OP
Y

yochi

Ja?

No, I don't think so.

American Kenpo is GREAT for street fighting, practical situations, but my instructor didn't even offer to put us through tournaments or anything. Maybe if he did I'd still be around, but alas, it's not to be.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
That BJJ place in Puyallup looks dead, apparently their instructor can't get back into the U.S.? The tournaments section on their website is a year old, so I'm not very sure. Now, the T.A.P.E.C. school, do you know if they often have tournaments? And if so, is this a more "aggressive" martial arts?

What kind of competition are you looking at doing? Full-contact? Like I said, its been seven years since I've seen the Tapecs so I don't know what they are focused on now, but kajukenbo is a relative to kenpo so it does have a pretty aggressive foundation, but their variant comes off one of the soft-style lineages. Go visit, see what you think in person.

Lamont

OP
Y

yochi

Ja, full-contact definitely. If that is what TAPEC is aimed for, I'll have to give it a look, as well as BJJ (just in case). Thanks for all your help everyone, and Danke fur das wilkommen.

Latest Discussions