Hello

OrangeKid

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been a practitioner of Takamura ha Shindo Yoshin Ryu for nearly four years. Recently our dojo has seen a decline in attendance, so I was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice for advertising.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT.

There are all kinds of ways to advertise your dojo. A lot depends on what you feel comfortable doing.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
what new students need is motivation. I find it hard to comprehend but some people seem to lack motivation to train for more than one class and most of them don't have the confidence to even call or say they quit. I'm pretty sure any dojo that requires you to put in a lot of effort probably see this as an issue a lot as well.

But where are my manners... here I am ranting on and I forget to say hello...
AwHnud2TQASE1dLzqFOk_Spuds.gif

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've been a practitioner of Takamura ha Shindo Yoshin Ryu for nearly four years. Recently our dojo has seen a decline in attendance, so I was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice for advertising.

Hi, welcome aboard!

Takamura-ha Shindo Yoshin Ryu? Very interesting… under Toby Threadgill Sensei himself, or at a branch dojo?

When it comes to advertising and attendance, unless it's your dojo (as the instructor), it's honestly not any of your concern… I understand that you might be worried about it, but it's not yours to worry about. It's the instructors. Now, if you do have some doubts, I would suggest talking to your sensei about it… bearing in mind that all schools will have ebbs and troughs in their attendance… this is natural… and your instructor is the one who should be worried, if it's warranted.

Latest Discussions