Hello Martial Arts friends !

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks. Are the kids in your profil yours ? Also cute kids you have.

Well, untill my mid thirties I wasn´t interested in kids. Only in Martial Arts, travelling and partys :drinkbeer Then my former employer wanted to force me to move to Berlin and so I quit my boring meaningless office job to became a Stay at home dad. My wife works (and earns much more money then I did in my last job) and I raised my daughter from birth on. I love this life as a househusband, because of the freedom. But now with two kids is much more stress.

Caring about babys and doing Kick-Boxing - this is yin and yang :yinyang:

I know exactly what you mean. When we started having children my wife and I sat down and decided that one of us would always be home with them because we didn't want a daycare facility to raise them. She made more money than I did (and I hated my boss) so I stayed home with the boys for several years. I am still at home 3 or 4 days a week with the little guys while she is at work, but with her new schedule I can go out and work on my own to keep some of my sanity. I work with a partner and make my own schedule. I work when I want, for as long as I want, and where I want. Then also get to take the Ruffians fishing the days I'm not working. The oldest is going to be nine in a few days and we still have never paid a dime for daycare. And yes those are my oldest two in my profile photo. Raising children, best difficult job you will ever love. All respect to you for making the decision to stay at home with them.

OP
German Coach

German Coach

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. When we started having children my wife and I sat down and decided that one of us would always be home with them because we didn't want a daycare facility to raise them. She made more money than I did (and I hated my boss) so I stayed home with the boys for several years. I am still at home 3 or 4 days a week with the little guys while she is at work, but with her new schedule I can go out and work on my own to keep some of my sanity. I work with a partner and make my own schedule. I work when I want, for as long as I want, and where I want. Then also get to take the Ruffians fishing the days I'm not working. The oldest is going to be nine in a few days and we still have never paid a dime for daycare. And yes those are my oldest two in my profile photo. Raising children, best difficult job you will ever love. All respect to you for making the decision to stay at home with them.

Hi bydand, thank you for showing me respect ! Same to you ! Yes this was exactly what my wife and I also wanted. No day care for our kids ! The only disadvantage for me as a man is that I don´t have contact to the mothers staying at home. But thank the internet and Skype I have enough communication. In the evenings I do the Martial Arts, sometimes as an instructor, sometimes as a student in a new art (Krav Maga). Sometimes I also work as a film extra if I can managed that with two kids.

Keep on daddying :)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT and enjoy!

It's been years since I was in Germany. Visited Bonn a few times while I was posted over there. Unfortunately, I was more interested in drinking and chasing women to get much exposure to the MA community over there, but did do a littl Aikido in Berlin.

Jeff

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks ! I am thankful and glad for this opportunity to improve my knowledge of the English language.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
Lachen heraus loud (but I think it is suppose to be laut, isn't it?) :lol:

Yep took a semester of German in college and that is all I can remember, just another fine example of an American College student (past tense... WAY past tense).

Again, Welcome to MT
And thanks for the link

edd15

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

New here too. Not new to Karate, practicing on and off for 30 years. Not at the moment. Last style was American open style with an orange belt. Let's hear from others in West Florida

Edd

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello,

New here too. Not new to Karate, practicing on and off for 30 years. Not at the moment. Last style was American open style with an orange belt. Let's hear from others in West Florida

Edd

Greetings and Welcome to MT..I'm sure the Fla MA's will check in soon enough...Looking forward to you posts..

OP
German Coach

German Coach

Orange Belt
Reaction score
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
Lachen heraus loud (but I think it is suppose to be laut, isn't it?) :lol:

Yep took a semester of German in college and that is all I can remember, just another fine example of an American College student (past tense... WAY past tense).

Again, Welcome to MT
And thanks for the link

Thanks for welcoming me !

"lauthals lachen" would be right :)

My school English was very mean. I improved my knowledge by travelling very often to the US, UK and Ireland (as a single with more money :D . I also watch my DVD´s in English, listen to AFN worlwide and so on. From 1994 to 1995 I taught Martial Arts for kids at the American Embassy Association in Bonn but now they all in Berlin. What a pity.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is the hardest Martial Art in the world :)

What did you do in Germany ?
I was in the U.S Army, in the Berlin Brigade. Did manage to take more than a few classes at the Free University there. That got my German pretty good pretty quick. Alas, it's gone way downhill in the too many years since then.

Jeff

Latest Discussions