Hello,i am new and in need of aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummonerCloud

White Belt
Reaction score
Syiimursn...i am personally practitioning ninjitsu,but have no sensei and have found no place where i can sign up to learn...where would i start in self training?i am not exactly some newb wannabe,i am actually quite capable in combat,very stealthy and quite dexterous...

i have some questions,however,feel free to answer even just one...all answers help! just go like,if u gonna answer number two and its,how do i use teh bathroom,go...
2: push real hard.
lol,really,answer seriously please that was a joke,lol...

1:how does one increase dexterity?

2:what is the proper way to silently walk on grass?i have done it on other terrain but grass,twigs an leaves are too loud...

3:how would i replace the foolishly absurd looking flinch reflex with an evade,or block/reversal?

4:what is the best way to,alone,train yourself DEFENSIVELY.

5:how might i increase my ability to see in the dark?

6:how would i increase my ability in any sense(smell,sight...etc.)

7:how would i throw up large amounts of dirt/dust to blind a foe?

8:how would i construct shuko/practice shuriken?

9:what is the proper way to throw a shuriken?

10:whas the best wood to make a bo out of?i know it prolly doesnt come up a ton but i wanna find some type of tree an get a branch n carve it into a bo to practice with.

11:i am attempting to learn better detection skills,ie:discoloration of bottoms of trees may mean floodwaters,or tree stumps sides with less space between the rings is north...not just trees but detection skills altogether...any tips'd help.

12:need to learn better empathy skills ie:detecting the emotions do to body language or facial expressions or anythin even if they tryin to cover it up.

13:lie detecting.short n simple...like the above,almost.

14:better knife throwing...almost like bo shuriken.

15:the correct way to roll even on concrete with minimal to no damage to self.

16:whats a thrust kick?i think i know but not sure...

17:i THINK the correct way to go shinobi iri walking/runnin is leanin forward n gettin kinda crouched an(sayin this is right foot an o's are where u should use to make ground contact)walk like this.
(-=off teh ground. o=on teh ground. =equals a spacer,ignore it. this method when applied correctly works wel lfor me but dunno if its true method.)

=l==l==l==l==l
(ooooooooool
=\oooooooool
=l---------l
=l---------l
=l---------l
==l-------l
==l------l
==(------)

thanks in advance,and keep in mind i know quite a bit about the shinobi,and i am not neccisarily a beginner...please dont flame for all teh questions...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SummonerCloud said:
i am not neccisarily a beginner...please dont flame for all teh questions...

The answer to each and everyone of your questions is:

Quit watching Naruto and GO FIND AN INSTRUCTOR.

OP
S

SummonerCloud

White Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Quit watching Naruto

did i say i wanted to jump 900 ft into the air or somehow propel myself through treetops with 20foot long jumps?did i say i wanted to practice a falsehood that will never really be ninjitsu?

THREE THINGS!!!

1.NARUTO SUCKS.IT IS UNREALISTIC AND DISGRACES THE SHINOBI.

2:NARUTO SUCKS .

3:I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIND A FRIGGEN INSTRUCTOR<I BEEN TRYIN BUT DONT EXACTLY KNOW!!!!!!

sorry,but really...naruto is a bullcrap ripoff of what the shinobi most definitely were not.because of crap like that and gay myths that fat pigs of todays world have made the shinobi out to be,when you say,i am practicin ninjtsu,people laugh.thats 10 mins before they wake up in teh E.R.

really,plese just try to either answer my questions or tell me HOW i would find an instructor,im not mad at you jus tired of every forum i go to people saying those two exact things...

look...i might not be as good as everyone here...but i want to learn ninjitsu...really,it is the martial art i find most interesting,if you can even call it that...but i know,FOR A FACT,that i am much greater than some stupid imbecile who thinks they can fight....i know partially what i am doing and like i said earlier,im not some stupid wannabe who wouldnt try...i am also much stealthier and dextrous than average...i KNOW i can learn this,just need some help.sad how the Eyesonff forum people helped more than any martial art forum...thats why i told them that 99% of peeps on those were stuck ups who wouldnt wanna help a beginner and wouldnt care,so i was better off there....please jsut at least TRY to help?

see,i mean,i see tae-kwon-do places all over but no actual ninjitsu places...do those even exist,and f they do,wtf?!?!?!

as dumb and gay as this sounds,i was always different...i am growing up in a home of fools obsessed with football....my father abandoned me in this hellhole before i could even eat solids...pathetic...i am not like them...as a matter of fact,i despise football...then i heard of martial arts.i thought it was pretty cool,but then i heard of ninjitsu,the real ninjitsu,not some gay guys runnin around in "shinobi shokuzus" like idiots....is it such a noobish thing to have found something i want to learn?the sheer fact that i WANT to learn should be enough for you....please dont discriminate just because i am a beginner,for today's youth is tommorow's adept.

i don't mean to sound rude to you,i just knew that peeps would say,

a.somthin bout naruto.
b.somthin bout getting an instructor...

in my first post i said i couldnt find an instructor,didnt know how.

my foolish"brother" (stepbro,he is a poltroonic cur.)is obsessed with football...he always ends up in a fight with me and 5 seconds later literally crieing.he once attempted to tackle me but i got ready n slung him around into the wall with his own momentum,judo style,and he STILL criticises the martial arts styles i use...i just want to learn as much as i can.

also,yes i am only 14....look at my sig though,but i have incredible willpower and also,weren't some shinobi trained from a very young age?i...i just want to learn this art and i wish people wouldnt be stuck up,and instead helpful about this topic...it sounds dumb,i know...if i could find an instructor i could/would be very devoted to training in this art,i just wanted to know some things but pretty much got semi-flamed...

ps:Naruto is a fricken gay exxageration that makes the shinobi look dumb...i wish it did not exist.truly,i hate and despise it...

Reactions: MJS

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
What state are you in, and perhaps a rough geographical area? Perhaps someone here could give you a hint about where to go study.

Lamont

OP
S

SummonerCloud

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you...so very much for not bein evil about this,heh.
I am in alabama,very near springville/birmingham.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did you look in the Yellow Pages?? Not attempting to be evil.. Did you attempt a Google search for schools in your area??? Now I don't know crap about Naruto, but the "Go seek and instructor is a good piece of advice..Seek out the Shadows of Iga, the were around when Stephen K. Hayes first brought ninjutsu into the limelight..Best of luck..

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please allow me to make a few suggestions:

1) First and foremost, considering that you've made only 4 posts so far, and there are quite a few very knowledgeable people on here, I highly suggest that you change your attitude just a bit. Coming off with a sarcastic tone probably won't get you much info.

2) This link should help you out a bit.
http://www.winjutsu.com/winlinks.html

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, but again, being sarcastic probably isn't the way to go!

Mike

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SummonerCloud said:
3:I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIND A FRIGGEN INSTRUCTOR<I BEEN TRYIN BUT DONT EXACTLY KNOW!!!!!!

Ok, first... Lets start by admitting you don't actually know much of anything about "Real" ninpo, despite your comments that you do. I apologise for the Naruto comment, but your first post read as screamingly arrogant to me. Ive been training for years, and don't profess to know as much as you do with no instructor and no training. I guarantee you lost 90% of the ninpo practitioners attention with that first post... especially the desire to "self teach" the BS list of skills you listed.

If you are serious... here you go... good luck.

Birmingham Bujinkan Dojo
[FONT=verdana,Arial]Bujinkan Buyu Dojo Alabama[/FONT]
Bujinkan Gadsden Dojo
[FONT=verdana,Arial]
Bujinkan Shingan Dojo
[/FONT]Bujinkan Taka-Seigi Dojo, Mobile
Bujinkan Taka-Seigi Dojo, Tuscaloosa

Bujinkan Warrior Institute [FONT=verdana,Arial]

[/FONT]If you really really wanna self train go ahead and purchase a Black Belt home study course, but be prepared to get your *** handed to you in a real confrontation, since you CANNOT. I repeat CANNOT Learn the subtley to the techniques and movements without a real instructor to tell you when you are ****ing up... and will get almost no advice here except "Go to a Real Instructor".

Also... 2 other things: I understand you are 14 and grew up in the Computer world of "I pWN U u r Teh suck" but we try and use real english here.

Secondly, I hate to rain on your parade, since you are very proud of your signature, but it is WAY in violation of the board rules:

Signatures may contain an image, however, the Maximum size of the image can not exceed 350 pixels wide, by 60 pixels high. Maximum file size is 20kb.

Enjoy your stay.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you wish to learn Budo Taijutsu then you need to go to an appropriate school and start at the bottom and begin learning properly. Technopunk gave you some good links and you can also use the yellow pages at www.winjutsu.com to find other Dojo's in your surrounding area. Understand that people who have been practicing these arts for a long time will not qualify your solo training as real training until you go out and actually train with an instructor. Good luck.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk.

1st: Follow every scrap of MJS's and Mr. VanCise's advice....!

2nd: Learn more about authentic Ninjutsu, that website MJS sent you too has some goooood info and resources....so dig in.

3rd: Lighten up on Techno-Punk. He's got this dry sense of humor that he uses left and right.......but is a really great guy with good info to share. IF you take a step back and pause a moment, Don't let his wit bother you...and listen to what he has to say ---it'd do you Some Good.

Questions: Though you may not know a whole lot yet about authentic Ninjutsu ((You WILL in the future, if you set your mind to it and keep determined)) you definitely seem to have a very strong sense in your mind of what a "Ninja" or Shinobi should be. So here are my questions, take them for what their worth:

A: You aren't only on the first step of a long journey and getting very angry at those much further along than you.....you're hardly even on the path yet. You're still looking for it.... So should you be reacting so strongly??
((SEEK, ask, let the enterer of a house be polite))
B: Does a warrior alow himself to be so easily provoked. (A much more important tact than silent grass walking)
C: Does a warrior alow himself to react strongly w/out first thinking through his situation?

Enjoy Martial Talk man...
handle with care and keep it Fun.

Your Brother
John

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
Technopunk gave you some good links and you can also use the yellow pages at www.winjutsu.com to find other Dojo's in your surrounding area.

Brian,

The links i provided above are the ENTIRE list of BBT dojos in Alabama from Winjutsu. I was doin the kid a favor, and saving him the trouble of doin the research himself.

Tengu6

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am thinking you have a very romanticized view of the "shinobi" and once you see what it actually is about, you will discover how cool Naruto really is.

markk bush

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Brian,

The links i provided above are the ENTIRE list of BBT dojos in Alabama from Winjutsu. I was doin the kid a favor, and saving him the trouble of doin the research himself.

Opps, my bad. You are definately doing him a favor as well as telling him to find a teacher!

Brian R. VanCise

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
If you really really wanna self train go ahead and purchase a Black Belt home study course, but be prepared to get your *** handed to you in a real confrontation, since you CANNOT. I repeat CANNOT Learn the subtley to the techniques and movements without a real instructor to tell you when you are ****ing up... and will get almost no advice here except "Go to a Real Instructor"

Gospel Truth...

OP
S

SummonerCloud

White Belt
Reaction score
Brother John said:
Welcome to Martial Talk.

1st: Follow every scrap of MJS's and Mr. VanCise's advice....!

2nd: Learn more about authentic Ninjutsu, that website MJS sent you too has some goooood info and resources....so dig in.

3rd: Lighten up on Techno-Punk. He's got this dry sense of humor that he uses left and right.......but is a really great guy with good info to share. IF you take a step back and pause a moment, Don't let his wit bother you...and listen to what he has to say ---it'd do you Some Good.

Questions: Though you may not know a whole lot yet about authentic Ninjutsu ((You WILL in the future, if you set your mind to it and keep determined)) you definitely seem to have a very strong sense in your mind of what a "Ninja" or Shinobi should be. So here are my questions, take them for what their worth:

A: You aren't only on the first step of a long journey and getting very angry at those much further along than you.....you're hardly even on the path yet. You're still looking for it.... So should you be reacting so strongly??
((SEEK, ask, let the enterer of a house be polite))
B: Does a warrior alow himself to be so easily provoked. (A much more important tact than silent grass walking)
C: Does a warrior alow himself to react strongly w/out first thinking through his situation?

Enjoy Martial Talk man...
handle with care and keep it Fun.

Your Brother
John

...A:..i am sorry,everyone..it is just that in asking questions on another forum,i all told them that as soon as i went to a martial arts forum i would get two things-
1:gay naruto comments.
2:find an instructor...
dont you think if i knew how i would?
dont exactly know what id google...
b:read A
c:i am sorry...once again,look at A

and about my sig,its the one i used in the other forum and i made it,let me use it there so i though it would be ok here...ill fix it.and sorry and thank you techno...i am not accustomed to anyone here and i could not have anticipated the personas of people here.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
I stand between the Dorkness and the Not Bright
Ok,

1- cut the "gay" comments. You're annoying me.
2- other forums aren't this one. There is less stick up peoples asses here. Usually.
3- Top of the screen, theres a button, says "Schools". Click it, look for Ninjutsu.
4- Goto Google, search on the following: ninjutsu, your state, maybe even county. Refine search using terms from the forum descriotion here such as hatsumi, etc.
5- pay attention to the help you have been given. We aren't going to sspoon feed anyone.

Capish?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You just really cannot expect anyone to take you seriously until you train in a legitimate dojo that teaches authentic Budo Taijutsu. Until then all we see is a someone who is practicing a fantasy that has been made up in his head. There are plenty of Dojo's in your state if you are serious you will go to one even if you have to drive several hours. Once again, good luck I really hope that you check out one of these Budo Taijutsu schools because it simply is a fantastic art.

Brian R. VanCise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions