Hello from Taipei

chessman71

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Everyone,
Greetings! My name is Dave C. and I live in Taipei, Taiwan. I came here six years ago to learn CMA and I'm still at it. My primary styles are xingyi and bagua but I'm spending most of my time these days on Taiwan's version of the Chen style and learning Chen Pan Ling's verion of shaolin.

Glad to be on the board.

Dave C.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I for one will look foward to reading your thoughts on training and your insite into the arts you study

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looking forward to your posts. Howdy!!

Jeff

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! :wavey: You'll have to tell us more about Taipei. That's a place I would love to visit someday.

- Ceicei

OP
C

chessman71

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to sharing the info I've gathered since I moved here six years ago. See you guys in the forums.

OP
C

chessman71

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just realized that I didn't talk about my MA training. Sorry.

I practiced choy lai fut for four years back in the early 90's with a great instructor in N. Florida. When i joined the army after after college, I started training the Gao style of baguazhang and xingyiquan while living in Colordao Springs. I then moved to Taipei after being discharged to focus on BGZ. That focus gradually changed to XYQ and taijiquan. I now train in Taiwan's version of the Chen style taiji, XYQ, and shaolin.

I've picked up lots of things along the way like piguazhang, wing chun, judo, etc.

My purpose here is to freely share information because where I live, people are very secretive and some of the arts I've done in the past were secretive as well. I think that's very destructive so I hope to do my small part in reversing that unfortunate trend.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, Dave! Enjoy MartialTalk. :asian:

Latest Discussions