Hello from Phoenix Arizona

OP
A

AZpower

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey nice to meet you. I'm a little bit familar, a Hawaiin Kenpo place in Tempe looked pretty cool. I did a little bit with Ray Fisher I think he's somewhere still in Scottsdale.
Give those guys a shot.
Was it Lim's hawaiian kenpo or something like that? I'm still searching for R.Fisher.

mjd

Green Belt
Reaction score
Anyway I am looking for a good martial arts school in north phoenix, Scottsdale area in Arizona. As far as style goes, I am open to anything that will actually be useful in a SD situation. some aliveness would probably be good.

You must like Sparring, sparring is good if done at full speed, brings real time to the technique, thats how you can learn to make it work for real.

Welcome by the way

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I tried to go by K. Corona's place but he was closed for the july 4 holiday week. He's a bit far from me but I'm gonna go check him out sometime next week.
Master Corona can also point you to a good BJJ instructor.

OP
A

AZpower

White Belt
Reaction score
You must like Sparring, sparring is good if done at full speed, brings real time to the technique, thats how you can learn to make it work for real.

Welcome by the way
exactly. I don't want to get killed but I need to know that what I am training in works in the real world.

Yeah Shesulsa- I intend to go stop in to talk with him. I think I just came by at the wrong time. A lot of people vanish during this july 4 week esp when its hiting 115 degrees outside Does K. Corona/ Hwa Rang Do pratice aliveness and sparring?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
exactly. I don't want to get killed but I need to know that what I am training in works in the real world.

Yeah Shesulsa- I intend to go stop in to talk with him. I think I just came by at the wrong time. A lot of people vanish during this july 4 week esp when its hiting 115 degrees outside Does K. Corona/ Hwa Rang Do pratice aliveness and sparring?
Yes, and still holds to some traditional training and tenets.

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Here it is Ray Fisher at:

Arizona Chuan FA Society
Ste 124
1845 E Broadway Rd, Tempe, AZ 85282
(480) 968-2068

He's pretty good, one of his black belts is from Tracy Kenpo, Kajukenbo etc. His program is probably pretty similar to what I presently take out here in NM.

Cheers Dave

Latest Discussions