kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was stationed on Kadena from 2005 - 2009. It was my second duty assignment. Oh man did I love it there. I did a brief stint of Aikikai aikido when I was there but, like everyone else here, was foolish to not really take advantage of the opportunity in front of me. I did enjoy the diving and the Okinawa cuisine :)

OP
Seizan

Seizan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was stationed on Kadena from 2005 - 2009. It was my second duty assignment. Oh man did I love it there. I did a brief stint of Aikikai aikido when I was there but, like everyone else here, was foolish to not really take advantage of the opportunity in front of me. I did enjoy the diving and the Okinawa cuisine :)
I was fortunate enough to have begun training in the States, and selected Okinawa as my next AF assignment in 1979 so I could go to the Honbu Dojo.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I was an MP and could therefore drive over to Kadena whenever I wanted to; their chow was much, much, better! And they had beer machines in the hallways of the enlisted quarters!

Latest Discussions