Hello From Michigan

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Greetings from West Michigan! Brand new here and do not want to be just a lurker and just gain knowledge from the forums, but try to be active. I started in MA's in the mid 90's, but was sidetracked by marriage, kids, new job, and moving tossed in just to add to the mix. So now I am back ready to start again and trying to get back into the mindset by visiting, reading and participating in forums. Nothing gets the anticipation going like hearing what others out in the MA world are thinking and doing. Look forward to reading a BUNCH from everyone here, and maybe even being able to toss my 2cents into the fray once in awhile when applicable.

Thanks
Scott G.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT Scott :wavey: Happy Posting

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Scott! This must be re-enter the arts week. :) More proof you just can't keep a good man down. We're on a roll! :) Enjoy your stay!

T

TheBattousai

Hello and welcome to MT, tell us what you have trained in and what you may be looking for in future practice

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay!:)

Mike

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, fast welcomes. Thanks! I had been looking/trying different styles for awhile and hadn't really found anything that really fit me until I tried Ninjutsu. After the first class (which I might add, handed me my behind over and over) I was hooked. It was a great fit, worked better than anything else I had tried (NOT going to name them because that borders on bashing, they just didn't fit me) and the instructors were super. Started with Ninjutsu way up in Presque Isle, Maine with John Poliquin and Brett Varnum and was there when they decided to make the switch over to To-Shin-Do/ Quest Center. Other than the sign out in front of the building, there wasn't any change in the material persented, just the order it was presented in. That and all the belt colors, I am still partial to the "old" system of white, green, brown, black only. I think it helped keep the awareness that a 4th Kyu might just learn something from a 9th Kyu and took the "observed rank" out of the equation during training. I am going to stick with To-Shin-Do, but also keep up with the Ninjutsu for licensing as well. That option is offered and I don't see why someone wouldn't take advantage of it.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TheBattousai said:
Gland to hear your doing something you like.

I'm a Martial Artist, not a speller!

Got that right! What's that? A freudian slip? :uhoh:

Sorry, Battousai. Couldn't resist. :lol2:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome from a "neighbor"..

Latest Discussions