Hello Everyone

Kira S

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi My Name is Kira and I live in Glasgow with my 6 year old daughter.

I'm looking to start a martial art along with my daughter, but need to find the right one for both of us.

I've currently been checking out my local area as well as various martial arts forums to help me in my decision.

I look forward to speaking with everyone :)

Take Care

Kira x

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, You may want to look into a Judo school near you...!

Judo is very hands on and great for little kids...they will learn how to roll and fall too...

Judo is good for women also...especially when grab...you will learn how to do throws and escapes...

...My daughter does Judo in High School and is only 108lbs class...and can handle herself very well...

Aloha,

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Kira,

First off, welcome aboard! Any questions, just ask, that's what we're here for!

In terms of looking for an art for yourself and your daughter, my recommendation is more to look for a school for yourselves. But if you are after anything in particular, let us know and we can (hopefully!) narrow down your list for you.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, training together with your daughter will build a bond for many years to come. Good for you. :)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Kira,

First off, welcome aboard! Any questions, just ask, that's what we're here for!

In terms of looking for an art for yourself and your daughter, my recommendation is more to look for a school for yourselves. But if you are after anything in particular, let us know and we can (hopefully!) narrow down your list for you.

Good advice Chris.

Kira, start by visiting some schools in your area and see what appeals to you and your daughter. Once you have narrowed a few down, let us know and we can help you sort the wheat from the chaff. :asian: Best of luck to you and welcome to Martial Talk.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome> Defintiely follow Chris and Jade's advice to find a school with instructors that appeal to you. Once you have that, the style question pretty much resolves itself.

Peace,
Erik

OP
Kira S

Kira S

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone :)

I'll let you know how I get on

Kira x

Latest Discussions