Hello Everyone!

manderz1809

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I am Miranda Mitchell. I live in Ohio and I am 13 years old. I watch lots of anime (and love to eat ramen) I have a deep interest in pentcak-silat, I am going to take lessons in November. Any of you professionals have tips for me?:idunno:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Miranda! Hope you enjoy posting here on MT! Congratulations on your upcoming MA training and good luck! :)

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
manderz1809 said:
Hello, I am Miranda Mitchell. I live in Ohio and I am 13 years old. I watch lots of anime (and love to eat ramen) I have a deep interest in pentcak-silat, I am going to take lessons in November. Any of you professionals have tips for me?:idunno:
welcome Miranda Mitchell. nice to have you here yah, i do have an advice for you study hard! jk just enjoy posting here, it's a good place to learn about the art welcome again Ohio (hey, you didnt vote did you? jk)

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi, Miranda! Welcome to the forum. We're an odd group here so I'm sure you'll have lots of fun being part of it. There are a lot of ppl from many different arts. It's cool to be able to find out about how different styles do things. It's great that you're starting to study martial arts. It can change your life, no joke. Glad to have you here!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! Good luck with the pentjak silat. Just keep an open mind and a positive attitude and all will be well!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Miranda! :wavey: Welcome to MT! Arnisador has given you good advice. Hope you enjoy all of the different areas we have here & happy posting!

Best Wishes on your MA journey,
Gin-Gin :asian:

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello, Mir and Welcome to MT!

I look forward to hearing of your progress in pentcak-silat. You'll find this group here fun AND informative :)

Again, welcome,

Egg, Only An

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
manderz1809 said:
I have a deep interest in pentcak-silat, I am going to take lessons in November. Any of you professionals have tips for me?
I just wonder about all of the martial arts out there that you chose Silat to take up? Don't know what part of ohio you're from but I"m sure there are plenty of good studios out there which can help you in any training. :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay!!

Mike

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, Miranda! Lots of good info here, also some foolishness, all fun. I'd like to second Jason's inquiry- why pentcak silat? Seems like an interesting choice for a first martial art.
Oh, and my standard greeting for Ohioans- glad to have another Buckeye on the boards!
Happy Training!

OP
manderz1809

manderz1809

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, it's a bit wierd...how I started martial arts in the first place. I was first exposed to Tae Kwon Do at age 7...from then I had read a lot about martial arts, but never participated. I had a really strong interest in Pencak-Silat...the forms, the movements, and all the shiny weapons. I may seem immature, but these classes are very important to me. I also study escrima, it's fun.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT.
only advice is to study hard and keep practicing.

Jesse

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome,

MT is a good group of People don't hesitate to ask any kind of questions. This site replies quick to your concerns. Enjoy MT.