Hear Ye Hear Ye Ricardo's now a 4th.....

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Klondike93

Did you finally break down and give him that 4th feather GD?

Well, anyways, congrats Ricardo :cool:

:asian:

Thank You Sir! Still WAITING FOR THAT FEATHER!:soapbox:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Roland

Glad to see you move on up in the world.
You deserve it man!

:drinkbeer :drinkbeer :drinkbeer

Thank You Sir!:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Les

Congratulations Ricardo.

Please post us a review of the test, from your point of view.
Tell us how you prepared immediately before, how you felt, and what was going through your mind.

Les

Basically, it just covered the techniques, and just one of the empty hand katas. What made it a little tough, was that it was a 7am test, so I had to get up at 5:30 to get ready, review, and get packed. I was suffering from the air travel, as it bothered my ears, my legs were swelled some from the flight.

I'd spent several sessions with a partner fine tunning the techniques, and worked on particulars on the weapons forms. I wanted to be ready just in case he called for them.

I felt good afterwards, but I've also got to get back to the blackboard to pay some attention to some areas I've ignored.

Durring the test, I felt sharp, flowing, with no hesitation. I felt I was ready for anything Master Al might throw at me.:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess

Well I guess I have to be nice eh..*winks.. Great job Ricardo.. well deserved ~!
*S*

Tess

Thank You Ma'am!:asian:

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo

Durring the test, I felt sharp, flowing, with no hesitation. I felt I was ready for anything Master Al might throw at me.:asian: [/B]

Which is how Mr. Tracy described his test later.

I would add that the day before, Ricardo and the rest of us spent about 8 hours fine tuning the Tam Tui kata. With the stances and transitions we worked, it was surprising that any of us could stand, and Ricardo managed an awesome belt test.

The true test, in my opinion, is that despite the pain and the "sprung thighs", he did it anyway. And did it as if there was no pain or swelling.

Dave Hopper:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoDave

Which is how Mr. Tracy described his test later.

I would add that the day before, Ricardo and the rest of us spent about 8 hours fine tuning the Tam Tui kata. With the stances and transitions we worked, it was surprising that any of us could stand, and Ricardo managed an awesome belt test.

The true test, in my opinion, is that despite the pain and the "sprung thighs", he did it anyway. And did it as if there was no pain or swelling.

Dave Hopper:asian:

Nothing like a bunch of Alleve, and ice packs to pull you through!:waah:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
If I had been on sooner, I would have done this sooner....

CONGRATULATIONS SIR.

:asian: :asian: :asian:

--Dave

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by D.Cobb

If I had been on sooner, I would have done this sooner....

CONGRATULATIONS SIR.

--Dave

Thank You Sir!:)

T

tonbo

My apologies for the delay in this post, but I am a bit slow.....

Congratulations, sir, on a job well done.

All the best to you!!

Peace--

Latest Discussions