health before a competition.

splazzatch

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have heard two schools of thought on this and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

1. Have sex before practice and competition because it increases your energy.

2. Do not have sex before practice or competition because it decreases your stamina and energy.

When I first heard this I ignored it all because I wasn't married...Now that I am married I am curious as to which is better :)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have always been partial to number 1, but common sense say's wait until after the competition. The girls like going to bed with a winner and if you loose they feel sorry for yea, anyway you can't loose.
On the seious side I heard it weaken your leg strength, so I would wait until after.
Terry

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
from what i've heard guys shouldn't, as it exhausts him easily, but for a girl, its is benificial as it relaxes them. don't remember the source, i'll see if i can dig it up.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Unless the thought of sex is distracting to you--in which case, do it and get it out of your mind--I'm not sure it much matters.

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you feel tired after rollin then don't do it prior (or to close to) to something important. If not, have fun.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
...cant ... talkk

...rite now... ...
gettin...

ready for..big

.... ... competition

!!

White Fox

Orange Belt
Reaction score
splazzatch said:
I have heard two schools of thought on this and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

1. Have sex before practice and competition because it increases your energy.

2. Do not have sex before practice or competition because it decreases your stamina and energy.

When I first heard this I ignored it all because I wasn't married...Now that I am married I am curious as to which is better :)

I have a friend who was a boxer and he was told never have sex before a fight. I think it zaps some vital enegry which if you think about it it makes sense. Just think about how you feel before and after an orgasam.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe the train of thought on sex before a competition has to do with diminishing chi, which you want to be strong during a competition.