Hayes Shihan in Japan

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
From April 18 through mid-May, Hayes Shihan will be in Japan. This is a posting from him on his website.

"An-shu Rumiko and I will be in Japan from April 18 through May 15, traveling and training. We will visit with Hatsumi Sensei for training when in the Tokyo-Noda area. We have heard that there are some big changes in his dojo, with guest teachers doing more and more of the teaching and testing these days. Hard to imagine Hatsumi Sensei retiring, but I quess the inevitable is inevitably inevitable. I am looking forward to seeing first hand how things are going there. Sensei is 75 years old now (by the Japanese calendar) - hard to believe how the years have gone by. Actually, my own students and training friends from the 1980s tell me the same thing when looking at my own white beard.

I will do my best to relay some impressions through this column as Rumiko and I fill our days in Japan. Meanwhile, I send my best wishes for great training in your life, no matter where you may be."

Thought I'd share that with any who might be interested and will look forward to any photos or correspondence from Mr. Hayes while he is in Japan.

Latest Discussions