Has anyone received a new Kukkiwon certificate with Taekwondo on it?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
In my opinion yes. Here's all four Kukkiwon presidents' signatures (hopefully I didn't miss anyone).

5497346065_40e8891984_o.jpg

When we went on that USTC trip to Korea, President Seung Wan LEE gave us Commendations which he signed in hanmoon. I believe it was the only time he did that. So there is a fifth signature out there as well. There are also Kukkiwon certificates with no signature on them, other than "Kukkiwon President".

Last edited:
OP
andyjeffries

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
When we went on that USTC trip to Korea, President Seung Wan LEE gave us Commendations which he signed in hanmoon. I believe it was the only time he did that. So there is a fourth signature out there as well.

I wonder if that's a nice signature...

There are also Kukkiwon certificates with no signature on them, other than "Kukkiwon President".

I don't think that counts ;-)

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know that Dr. KIM Un Yong's signature was by far the most comforting and secure feeling....

There was a time when Dr. Kim personally signed all of the dan certificates. Then he only signed those which were for 5th Dan and above.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion yes. Here's all four Kukkiwon presidents' signatures (hopefully I didn't miss anyone).

5497346065_40e8891984_o.jpg

I miss having Yong Kim on future certs but I like 3 of 4 with Uhm being the least favorite. However as far as one signature having more worth in the world? Well it is what it is if your so loyal to KKW then you have no choice when time in rank comes due you test and that is it. What your going to say your not worthy to sign my Dan rank? I think Kang Won Sik is very fine I am more concerned about he the KKW logo and traditional KKW marks being gone?

I have a professional chinese artists to reproduce any of our Dan ranks in a large artistic reproductions purely for traditional and artistic reasons for display using all curren KKW information simply as a representation of an individuals accomplishment not to violate any rules as far as issuing Dan rank.

Thanks for this post

Latest Discussions