Has anyone read this airline self defense booK?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have not read the book and cannot comment on the quality of the book itself, although I will make one comment.

Based on the web-site itself, I would not purchase this book or for that matter download the sample chapters. It is simply a marketing issue...in today's world, you can't get by and do good business with a text HTML based website that doesn't look extremely professional. I am not commenting on the quality of the book or the work, but the website itself does not appeal to me personally and would not purchase it based purely on that fact.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I did not read any of the techqiues or anything from the free sample.

So I can't say is this book good or not.

I would imagine if you are in a situation like that then obviously common sense would come into play.

Improvised weapons and some sort of plan would be ideal.

There have been stories already where people on a plane band together to stop someone from hijacking the plane.

They did not use this book they had something a book can't give you courage.

championmarius

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It smells and looks almost exactly like the "develop super powers" type ads you find in the back of martial arts magazines.......YMMV

I, out of curiosity, looked at the free chapters. Real rudimentary stuff, nothing earth-shattering or mind-blowingly new there. Hard to justify the 47 bucks based on the first 12 pages.

but again YMMV.

As far as the concept....All I can say is put up a few rows of chairs, and go to town., no weapons, or just stuff you can find in the cabin..

Now, where's my 47 bucks.%-}

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It smells and looks almost exactly like the "develop super powers" type ads you find in the back of martial arts magazines.......YMMV

I, out of curiosity, looked at the free chapters. Real rudimentary stuff, nothing earth-shattering or mind-blowingly new there. Hard to justify the 47 bucks based on the first 12 pages.

but again YMMV.

As far as the concept....All I can say is put up a few rows of chairs, and go to town., no weapons, or just stuff you can find in the cabin..

Now, where's my 47 bucks.%-}
Your check is in the mail. :lol:

The advertising screamed gimmick just from the first few lines.
I hate those kind of ads that offer you this that but you'll be damned to get them unless you fork over the cash first.
Let the ignorant, the unwary, the gullible be the ones in line to buy this drivel.
Learn proper self-defense techniques from a qualified hands on instructor and not out of a book.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, NOT sure of the effectness of the book?

Today in school shootings? ...it is best to teach the kids to react and fight back....throw books, cell phones, anything in reach....charge as a group...

Do not make yourself an easy tarket by just sitting there or lying on the floor.....?

Off course every sitution will be different and choices of what to do? ...will very everytime.

On the airlines? ...this too will depend on the situtions....all the book is saying? ...sometimes it is better to fight back? (911) that was the right decision....but not always good for every situation!

Is this book good? ....if the information helps you in making a decision to fight back or not? good...

Never judge a book by it's cover....sometimes the best information comes from scraps pieces of paper....

Aloha, learning to poke someone in the eyes...does not require years of martial art training? ....unless you do not know where the eyes are!

KP.

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ok, what are the chances of someone being in a situation where this book's information (assuming it is wonderful) will come into play?

There are 30,000 commercial flights per day in the USA. That is 11 million flights per year, just in the USA.

World-wide, there are around 20 hijackings per year. 20. The majority of those happen in a few very select places. Unless you happen to be flying into or out of one of the countries where a hijacking is likely, your real chance of being involved in a hijacking is around 1:100,000,000.

In all seriousness, if you're worried enough about hijacking to buy this book, then using the same level of risk criteria, you should be spending several thousand dollars to make sure that you always have a source of clean breathing gas and fireproof suit near you at all times. Because you chance of burning to death are far, far, far greater.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Way, way over priced for an e-book. Most e-books should be in the range of $5 to $12 bucks and no more. (twenty being on the really expensive side)

Latest Discussions