Has anyone ordered from Genbukan.org?

eric_in_texas

White Belt
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of indoor tabi last Tuesday (Oct.6) and paid via Paypal. I havent received a confirmation or anything from them yet, even sent them a couple of emails inquiring about my order.

Just curious if anyone here as experience ordering from them.

Thank you
Eric

Katsujin-ken

White Belt
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of indoor tabi last Tuesday (Oct.6) and paid via Paypal. I havent received a confirmation or anything from them yet, even sent them a couple of emails inquiring about my order.

Just curious if anyone here as experience ordering from them.

Thank you
Eric

Hello Eric,

Generally, I place any Genbukan product orders through my dojo-cho. If you are training under a certified Genbukan dojo-cho, I would suggest speaking with him about your order, so that he can contact the appropriate individuals.

Kajowaraku

Green Belt
Reaction score
Normally the orders are placed via dojo cho, but I reckon you ought to be fine ordering directly as a non-member. In my experience; it's not always the fastest way but it'll get you the products.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think you'll be fine. They're probably just slow because they also supply dojos. I also couldn't find any information on the site as to where they ship from and what the shipping method is. The good thing is that with paypal, if they don't deliver, you can lodge a complaint and paypal will refund your money while they contact the seller.

I've had to do that once with an online store a few years ago and paypal really took care of me.

OP
E

eric_in_texas

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info folks. I'm not worried about it, just thought it a bit odd that they hadnt sent a confirmation on the order. Cant wait to get my tabi.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info folks. I'm not worried about it, just thought it a bit odd that they hadnt sent a confirmation on the order. Cant wait to get my tabi.

Yeah, it's odd, but not unheard of. Let us know when your order arrives. :)

cypher

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've ordered some books and have yet to have an issue. In fact, one of my last orders got an email from Tanemura Soke himself, which surprised me. They've been quick to ship as well. And I must say that I do like the fact that they take PayPal. A question: One poster mentioned ordering Tabi. I was thinking the same but am truly not sure after viewing a couple of conversion (ie Japanese CM to American size) sites, what my size would be.

I wear a size 12 boot/shoe and on one site it was 29 CM on another 30CM. I'm thinking bigger in this case is better as I seem to need lots of width. But can someone enlighten me as to the exact size I should shoot for?

Thanks very much!

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
For tabi it was trial and error. I ended up with size 27.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've ordered some books and have yet to have an issue. In fact, one of my last orders got an email from Tanemura Soke himself, which surprised me. They've been quick to ship as well. And I must say that I do like the fact that they take PayPal. A question: One poster mentioned ordering Tabi. I was thinking the same but am truly not sure after viewing a couple of conversion (ie Japanese CM to American size) sites, what my size would be.

I wear a size 12 boot/shoe and on one site it was 29 CM on another 30CM. I'm thinking bigger in this case is better as I seem to need lots of width. But can someone enlighten me as to the exact size I should shoot for?

Thanks very much!

To measure yourself for tabi, measure from the back of your heel to the end of your big toe. That gives the size (in centimetres). If you need to translate from inches, it's 1 inch = 2.5 cm. If in doubt, round up.

Latest Discussions