Happy with your level of skill?

ares

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm just happy to be able to do what I know correctly. If I learn more, then I'll have to do that correctly also, so it never ends. If you are satisfied with where you are, then you have reach your journeys end. I just try to do the best I can with what I know. Adjust and improve that's all there really is

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Whenever I start to feel complacent about my skill level, I just have to look at other instructors I admire and know I've got a long way to go. Fortunately, I feel that martial arts training is a lifetime effort so as long as I continue to earnestly train and push myself, I'm still on the path.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd certainly like to be faster, more accurate, and of course, more confident in my techniques! But overall I'm pleased with my ability to defend myself, just not happy with any single technique that I feel I have 'perfected'.

Shotochem

Purple Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I have never been satisfied. Surprised that I am doing what I do yes.

There have been a few plateaus, times of boredom and times where I felt burnt out and did not feel like doing it anymore.

A change of art and the occassional seminar have opened up my eyes to all I still have to learn. This alone is reason to never be satisfied.

So much to learn, So little time.

I'm just happy to be back to training again after the latest injury.

-Marc-

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess I am quite happy with my journey so far. However the path just goes on and on. I intend to keep walking .

Latest Discussions