Happy Canada Day

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish to say Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian Members and friends. :D :)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Happy Canada day to my lovely Canadian friends...in the words of Shesulsa...YOU ROCK!!!

:partyon::partyon:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let me add my best wishes too...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Happy Canada Day!!!
:partyon::partyon:
Y'all Rock!!

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish all our resident Canucks a very happy Canada Day. God bless you for hockey!!:partyon:

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Although I am living in Boston, I am still a Canadian and Love my country dearly!

Long Live the Queen!

Rob

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Happy Dominion Day, Canada Day, Humiliation Day or Moving Day :)
Canada Day

Canada Day celebrates the creation of the dominion of Canada through the British North America Act on July 1, 1867, uniting three British territories — the Province of Canada (southern Ontario and southern Quebec), Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick — into a federation.e Château Laurier, in Ottawa

A proclamation was issued by Governor General Lord Monk, on June 20, 1868, asking for "all Her Majesty's loving subjects throughout Canada to join in the celebration of the anniversary of the formation of the union of the British North America provinces in a federation under the name of Canada on July 1."

The holiday itself was formally established by statute in 1879, and was originally called Dominion Day, making reference to the term "dominion," which was first used to describe a political union within the British Empire for Canada, at a time when the British government was hesitant to adopt the name proposed by the Fathers of Confederation: Kingdom of Canada.

The name was changed to Canada Day on 27 October 1982, largely harking of the adoption of the earlier Canada Act 1982.

On Dominion Day 1923, the Chinese Immigration Act of 1923 went into effect. Until the act was repealed in 1947, many Chinese-Canadians referred to July 1 as "Humiliation Day" and refused to celebrate Canada's birthday.

Quebec also has Moving Day on 1 July, due to the fact that most leases there begin and end on that day, with many people changing residences. Federalist Quebec residents who oppose the popular sovereigntist campaign for an independent Québec joke that Moving Day is scheduled to ensure Quebecers are too busy moving house to celebrate Canada Day.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Had a lovely Canada Day.

Spent it with my parents at their place by a beack about an hour out of town. The park that they are part of has many events going on to celebrate Canada Day. Had a great time until the karaoke machine came out. The kids were cute, singing away. Then the adults came on. When a couple of guys started butchering AC/DC's Thunderstruck, I knew it was time to come home ;)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm extremely late on this one, so....

Here's wishing my neighbors to the north a very happy and belated Canada Day!

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It has rolled around again.

Raise a glass to your new apartments (it still is moving day, isn't it?)

And a Happy 140 years to our sensible, northern neighbors.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good Day, eh?

Attachments

• $Good Day.jpg
    $Good Day.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 107
OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Happy Dominion Day, Canada Day, Humiliation Day or Moving Day :)
Canada Day

Canada Day celebrates the creation of the dominion of Canada through the British North America Act on July 1, 1867, uniting three British territories — the Province of Canada (southern Ontario and southern Quebec), Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick — into a federation.e Château Laurier, in Ottawa

A proclamation was issued by Governor General Lord Monk, on June 20, 1868, asking for "all Her Majesty's loving subjects throughout Canada to join in the celebration of the anniversary of the formation of the union of the British North America provinces in a federation under the name of Canada on July 1."

The holiday itself was formally established by statute in 1879, and was originally called Dominion Day, making reference to the term "dominion," which was first used to describe a political union within the British Empire for Canada, at a time when the British government was hesitant to adopt the name proposed by the Fathers of Confederation: Kingdom of Canada.

The name was changed to Canada Day on 27 October 1982, largely harking of the adoption of the earlier Canada Act 1982.

On Dominion Day 1923, the Chinese Immigration Act of 1923 went into effect. Until the act was repealed in 1947, many Chinese-Canadians referred to July 1 as "Humiliation Day" and refused to celebrate Canada's birthday.

Quebec also has Moving Day on 1 July, due to the fact that most leases there begin and end on that day, with many people changing residences. Federalist Quebec residents who oppose the popular sovereigntist campaign for an independent Québec joke that Moving Day is scheduled to ensure Quebecers are too busy moving house to celebrate Canada Day.

Just to bring this history post up for members to review. :)

Happy Canada Day!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Happy Canadians enjoy your day!

Oh Canada!

Attachments

• $blog-canada-flag.jpg
    $blog-canada-flag.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 87

Latest Discussions