Had first ever bujinkan class- initial thoughts

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, good luck. I will not pretend that there aren't some wackjob groups out there playing at ninjutsu. The are an endless source of frustration.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will not pretend that there aren't some wackjob groups out there playing at ninjutsu. The are an endless source of frustration.

I studied under a fantastic karate instructor for a few years who sadly got on the ninja bandwagon and taught the same Okinawan karate to them but called it ninjutsu and they wore black suits (face mask and all). It was sad--he was wonderful at what he did as a karate instructor but this was an embarrassment for him and those students, in my mind.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck in your future practice and all the best to you! I would ad though that you do not have enough expertise on Budo Taijutsu to make a really good judgement as to what it is. Still if it is not for you then by all accounts move on find some thing you enjoy and enjoy it! :)

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I thought I knew what was "real" with my Kyokushinkai Karate and Small Circle Jujitsu background, then I met my Taiji/Bagua instructor who can steal your balance as soon as he touches you, throw you without you feeling it coming and hit you so your bones rattle. "Soft" methods are "real", but you have to invest in them and let go of assumptions.

Latest Discussions