MT Mentor
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It's only dangerous if bullets are being used. If it's not a real gun or live ammo then he'll probably be more at risk of cutting himself. I wonder what the context is.
If you can find more, I'm very curious myself. I will admit, I presumed he was using real bullets. Do you think otherwise?

Update: Reading through some of the comments, it appears that he was probably using an airsoft gun, so at least he wasn't in direct danger of accidentally killing himself or anyone else. Thanks for pointing that out.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You can't fix stupid. But you can certainly film it.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't see any recoil of the gun, real gun firing is NOT like that at all.

I watched 3 John Wick movies, it's boring and bad, no story, just fighting from beginning to end. Very few newer movies are good, I watched 370 movies in 1 1/2yr all after 2000. They mostly are not that good, I think a lot of tv shows have better and believable stories than newer movies. Just all special effects and actions.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I watched 3 John Wick movies, it's boring and bad, no story, just fighting from beginning to end. Very few newer movies are good, I watched 370 movies in 1 1/2yr all after 2000. They mostly are not that good, I think a lot of tv shows have better and believable stories than newer movies. Just all special effects and actions.
If they are all not good, why'd you continue watching almost 5 a week?

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That's the point. It's not supposed to be believable. It's fiction not non fiction.
Not just fiction. It’s analogous to a super hero story. It’s so exaggerated that it is fantasy.

So with that in mind, the guy in the video is like kids who believe they’re ninja.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not just fiction. It’s analogous to a super hero story. It’s so exaggerated that it is fantasy.

So with that in mind, the guy in the video is like kids who believe they’re ninja.
My cousin drives me crazy with stuff like this. He says he doesn't like fantasy movies because they aren't realistic. I'm not sure why he thinks all movies have to be realistic.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's the point. It's not supposed to be believable. It's fiction not non fiction.
I think that the JW stories make sense in the world set up by the writers. Once we buy into that world, the stories are believable.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cousin drives me crazy with stuff like this. He says he doesn't like fantasy movies because they aren't realistic. I'm not sure why he thinks all movies have to be realistic.
It varies. Fantasy is one thing, but it does jar me out of the story when fiction doesn't bother with accuracy. As just one example, I can't count how many times I've seen ventilators connected to a simple O2 mask or nasal cannula...

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If they are all not good, why'd you continue watching almost 5 a week?
I said a lot of them are not good, there are a few good ones. Before watching all these, I have not watch movies for a long time. People kept talking about movies and I had no ideas, so I just decided to watch a lot of it. They were just free on cable tv, so it's no big deal sitting on my comfy chair, feet up.

Pokitren

White Belt
Reaction score

370 movies in 1.5 years? You have a lot of free time! :)
By the way, you talk about the boredom of the plot - that's one of the reasons why I stopped watching new movies. I'm just not interested. I prefer to rewatch the old ones :) And it doesn't bore me.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Story has to make sense, not just fight from beginning to end.
But it doesn't. A lot of of movies are considered an expression of art. Art can be left open for interpretation. Sometimes movies start with the middle. Sometimes they start at the end. Sometimes they just leave the viewer hanging. Prequels are a perfect example of this.

Latest Discussions