guerilla jiu jitsu

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
http://www.dcacademy.info/dvd.shtml

http://www.amazon.com/Guerrilla-Jiu...d_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195676520&sr=8-1

Hi guys, I was wondering what everyone thought about Dave Camarillo and his bjj and judo mix. I am considering getting the book; I've flipped through it at the bookstore, and it is very detailed, with moves having 5-8 pics and about paragraph to go with each picture!

I was more-less wondering if anyone else has it and what do they think of both the book and him.

This isn't to teach myself lessons; I already have a very basic knowledge of grappling, and I plan on starting gracie/brazilian jiu jitsu in about a month. I'm just interested in using books as supplements.
I have Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: Theory and Technique and Kodokan Judo. Guerilla Jiu Jitsu is probably good to add to the collection as well?

PictonMA

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have this book and enjoyed it as much as any text on the subject matter.

The writting and photographs are pretty clear and do a good job of explaining the techniques.

I appreciate his approach of blending Judo and Ju Jutsu and in particular the depth to which he goes into talking about impact control after throwing / taking down and oponent and utilizing existing grip position and landing position to already be working towards a submission as opposed to treating a throw / takedown and something totally foreign to the ground fighting / submission portion of combat.

I'd recomend it, but then again I've got just about everything ever published about martial arts....

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Judo and BJJ go great together!!! As a book it is ok, but like the bjj books you mentioned they are very BASIC in content. On the other hand if you don't have a good school to go to locally then it is not a bad sub.

Latest Discussions