Grey Belts?

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
First, no this is not related to my earlier topic about grey gi's.
;-)
Now, does anyone know where to purchase gray belts? I know the Marine Corps fighting program uses them, but I want to know where to purchase them.
I found them online at http://boldlook.net/ but that site won't answer my emails or list prices, so I feel they must not want my business.
Also, that company sells pink, neon green, and sand color belts, but I don't know what they charge.

I am toying with the idea of replacing the brown belt in the system I teach to a grey belt (just to be different), but want to find an accessable place to order them.

AoG

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
the belts used in the USMC MA Program are actual uniform belts of the designated color, therefore they can wear them with their duty uniform. Unless you are going to a buckled belt with your uniforms, their belt probably wont be of much use to you.

I'm at work so I don't have the magazine with me, but in either the July or August issue of Black belt, there is a fellow wearing a grey belt (not just a worn out black belt either). You might look into it and give thata school a call.

My two cents

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ArmorOfGod said:
;-)
Now, does anyone know where to purchase gray belts? I know the Marine Corps fighting program uses them, but I want to know where to purchase them.
I found them online at http://boldlook.net/ but that site won't answer my emails or list prices, so I feel they must not want my business.
Also, that company sells pink, neon green, and sand color belts, but I don't know what they charge.

I am toying with the idea of replacing the brown belt in the system I teach to a grey belt (just to be different), but want to find an accessable place to order them.

AoG
I can't help but ask...

Why bother changing it at all? The ever-increasing proliferation of multi-hued belts is already confusing. It only gets worse when people try to compare belts across systems... Why throw that into your own system?

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Why not? Part of professionalism is not being afraid of change. I see trying new ideas out as a means of growth.

Then again, we have not yet heard his reason for the change.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There used to be a company many years ago that made them here in Cleveland but they closed 25 years ago.

My suggestion is to stay away from bold look my experience with their belts is less then satisfactory. Century may be able to make them for you though.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The article I spoke of was "The Truth About Internal Arts" written by Brandon Jones in the July Issue of Black Belt. Each action picture is with is with a fellow that has a very clearly Grey belt on (not faded). Worth a look if you want it.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't care much for Bold Look's uniforms, but I'm not sure there's anywhere else a grey belt can be found. Our organization uses them in a unique circumstance. That's where we get them.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ArmorOfGod said:
;-)

AoG

AoG, I know whatcha mean about feeling like a company doesn't want you business. Customer service just doesn't seem all that important any more.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Brown has always means "you are next to the Black belt level" in most styles/systems.

Your brown belts may feel a bit different because of color grey? Just my thoughts on this........Aloha (white mix with black = grey)

Latest Discussions