Greetings to all

LibbyW

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Thought I'd come and introduce myself, as one should when joining a knew forum.
My name is Libby, or Lisbeth if you want to be formal. I have been practicing martial arts for around...wow like thirteen years now. Seems like such a long time now, but it really has flown by.
I'm a bit of a mixed bag, I like to follow the idea of not constricting oneself by only following one singular style or system.
At the moment I'm mainly focusing on pimping out my blade work by finding as many different methods and means of bladed combat. Primarily right now I'm focusing on classical fencing (German and Bolognese) but have dipped my toes in FMA pool also.
Hope to have some good chats with everyone about their training and thoughts on systems and styles.
Many thanks.
L

OP
LibbyW

LibbyW

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! HEMA, huh… very cool.

Thanks very much. Yeah I quite enjoy my German stuff, I've only got time in on seminars though as there aren't any schools near me. I'm all about the Einhorn guard *coz I like unicorns*
L

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Do you come from Pompey or another Portsmouth?

OP
LibbyW

LibbyW

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ha, not going all Bicorno, then? Any particular texts you're focusing on, out of interest?

At the moment just Alexander Kiermayer, some things for rapier stuff. My point work is ok, my guards are a little slow and sloppy though.
My friend asked me recently if I though I was in Game of Thrones, I told them; Only if I want to loose my fingers/arms/face.
L

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not native to Pompey, but I have lived here a while now though.
Thanks for the welcome!
L
Yay! Always good to have another lady on here, we're a bit of a minority :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Libby. :)

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
At the moment just Alexander Kiermayer, some things for rapier stuff. My point work is ok, my guards are a little slow and sloppy though.
My friend asked me recently if I though I was in Game of Thrones, I told them; Only if I want to loose my fingers/arms/face.
L

Very cool.

Latest Discussions