Greetings from PA

Haikan

White Belt
Reaction score
My name is Andy and I studied (changquan) Wushu for a couple of years when I was around eight-ten years old. When I was eleven or twelve I spent a few months in what in retrospect had every nameable symptom of McDojoism (Karate dojo: I broke one board and got my yellow belt- no kihon, no kata, just a board.)

Now I'm 22 and training in a Shotokan Karate Dojo and I have to say being in a dojo as an adult (at least for me) is a lot different. The teacher is really cool. I joined this site because it seems to have a lot of knowledgeable people who can help others with their martial arts questions. It also appears to have a good base of representatives from many schools so... Here I am. Hello martial talkers!

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk - If Knowledgeable Stylists is what you're after, thats exactly what youre going to find.
Alongside a Bar, that gives you ONE Free Imaginary Drink.

Enjoy your Stay, and I can only hope that you will be able to Positively Input your Perspectives :)

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Benn away for a while. Welcome to MT. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Glad you found a dojo you can enjoy and learn.

OP
H

Haikan

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm currently living in Edinboro PA which is about 20 minutes south of Erie. Erie is where I practice karate; specifically I practice at the Erie Shotokan Karate Dojo. I'm testing for my yellow belt next Saturday and I'm really excited. My girlfriend and I have practiced the kihon, kata and kumite to the point that I just know we'll pass. :D

It's weird practicing karate because it's so different from changquan wushu but my sensei says I have good habits already, so I guess they can't be that different! :p

Latest Discussions