Greetings from Houston

okashiibudo

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all~

I study Tomiki Aikido in Houston, Texas. I also dabble in Shinto Muso Ryu jodo, Muso Shinden Ryu iaido, and kendo.

All that sounds impressive, but I'm a newcomer to the martial arts, with about 3 years total experience. I've researched some other arts like karate, kenpo and some aspects of ninjutsu, and I have an interest in naginata and kyudo, although to mmy knowledge those arts aren't available nearby. My kendo experience is limited to a few informal classes, and I've also taken a few classes in tai chi (Yang style short form).

Let's see...Oh, I'm a huge fan of the Japanese sword (who isn't), and own a few Paul Chen models to go with my iaito. I'm also a practicing Buddhist and am always interested in discussing such things.

OK, enough about me. :asian:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT.....

scorpiuskhan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie myself. I read that you own some Paul chen swords, I have the basic one myself. I have been practicing with it alot trying to get used to it. Do you practice cuts with your swords? I find mine to have a peculiar ballance to it. The blade is heavy. It is my finest sword though with a deadly sharp blade. although many of my cheaper Japanese swords are somehow a bit more easier to weild, I am most confident with my "pro-katana" in my hands if I had to go mortal combat sword style. As I said before, its a bit quirky on the ballance but I have found where the sweet spots are on the grips that give me more ergonomic results.

Latest Discussions