Great night at the dojo

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just one of those great nights. So hot it was like a sauna in there. Big turnout, hard calisthenics and the some kata work and a few self defense drills. Then we put on the protective gear and sparred. We went until I thought I would drop. It was awesome. I'm sore all over and my hands are still shaking. I feel like the freaking Hulk. I'm way too slow, but man I'm strong, and I'm learning how to jam those high kicks, get low, rush 'em, take the body, knock those pins out. Woohoo!

Just had to share! Love nights like that. You guys gotta come by my dojo, see what I mean. It's an amazing place.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only thing close to a bad night I've had at the dojo is when I was testing, and that was just me stressing out. There's NEVER a bad night.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just one of those great nights. So hot it was like a sauna in there. Big turnout, hard calisthenics and the some kata work and a few self defense drills. Then we put on the protective gear and sparred. We went until I thought I would drop. It was awesome. I'm sore all over and my hands are still shaking. I feel like the freaking Hulk. I'm way too slow, but man I'm strong, and I'm learning how to jam those high kicks, get low, rush 'em, take the body, knock those pins out. Woohoo!

Just had to share! Love nights like that. You guys gotta come by my dojo, see what I mean. It's an amazing place.
I remember guy's like you, we couldn't wait until they made black belt so we didn't look so bad sparring them.
icon7.gif

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOVE nights like that.

I really miss being in a class, and going at it 4-5 nights a week. That rocked!!

KenpoVzla

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's one of those classes where 1hr seems like 1minute right?

I remember guy's like you, we couldn't wait until they made black belt so we didn't look so bad sparring them.
icon7.gif

That attitude makes the perfect training partner.

I remember a night like this, I enjoyed my training so much I told my sensei, "Can't wait to comeback and train again." He told me that it's hard to find that training attitude nowadays.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
icon7.gif

I'm at least five years away from black belt, but I'll get there. One of our dojomates was promoted to brown belt last night. He and I were promoted to blue belt together, but he has moved ahead of me, I still have to manage to stumble through Chinto. He's an excellent karateka, he deserved it. With luck, I might make brown in the next month or two.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm at least five years away from black belt, but I'll get there. One of our dojomates was promoted to brown belt last night. He and I were promoted to blue belt together, but he has moved ahead of me, I still have to manage to stumble through Chinto. He's an excellent karateka, he deserved it. With luck, I might make brown in the next month or two.
Chinto is an awesome kata, Bill. That old saying " the end justifies the means" definitely holds true in Martial Arts. Slow and steady is the key, because as you know we don't "do" martial arts, we live it and love it. Thanks for letting us all share in your journey. :asian:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great Bill, I love nights when everything is so perfect and alot of people are thier.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Any day where you wake up in the morning and get to practice martial arts is, by definition, a great day!