Practice Black Belt test last night

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We had a very abbreviated (3 hour) practice BB test last night--all techniques, all kata, conditioning testing, and 40 or so improvised self defense scenarios (empty hand and with weapons). My grader gave me some small comments and minor changes to make, but told me I'd pass today, and do well. I hurt like hell, but I'm very, very happy. :ultracool

On the down side, one of my cohorts puked all over the place; first during conditioning, then again later. The smell was disgusting, and very distracting. I don't know why anyone would even attempt this when their conditioning isn't up to par--it's just asking for injury. I'm really hoping no one leaves the test and goes straight to the ER.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's an interesting thought having a 'trial run' for your black belt test. I guess it makes sense if the test is that physically demanding... I assume you must take the practice test before attempting the real one?

Congrats. I am sure we'll be able to call you a dan holder soon.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have never understood a practice test, but I am glad you did well. So when is the real test?

OP
S

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This was an "unofficial" test--not something that is typically done or required. One of the black belts asked us if we'd like to do it so we could identify areas that need extra work before the real test at the end of this month. It was open to all of the candidates, but not everyone showed up.

Our test IS very physically demanding, and covers a lot of diverse material, so it was very helpful. Of course, the practice was much shorter than the real thing; even so, one candidate threw up a couple of times. Not sure that one's going to make it this year.

Latest Discussions