Grandmaster Frank DeMaria convicted

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sigh. I don't discount men as victims of crime, in my working life I've seen enough. Your whataboutism is strong here. 'women face harrassment, sexual abuse, sexual comments and touching everyday' and you cry 'what about men'. Abuse of women was brought up by a poster in light of the OP and the assault of women hence I am talking about women.

As a matter of fact the kidnap and murder of a woman isn't universally condemned, I've seen comments on social media saying it was her own fault as she shouldn't have been out at night on her own, why was she walking, she must have been looking to be picked up by a man. Yes really.

If you don't know why we are asking men to call out other men's wrong actions then there's nothing to discuss with you, carry on with your whataboutism.

No you made it about men when you made them responsible.

So let's keep it about women and what they can do to prevent attacks.

I am more than happy to let women get on with providing for their own safety if they choose that option.

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you made it about men when you made them responsible.

So let's keep it about women and what they can do to prevent attacks.

I am more than happy to let women get on with providing for their own safety if they choose that option.

It's all a game to you on here, you just play your verbal sparring tricks trying to wind people up, another word for that is trolling. I'm not playing, anything you say is just so you can argue with someone. It could be fun if this wasn't serious and you didn't say the same things whatever the subject everytime. :yawn:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It starts with fathers teaching their male children to be gentlemen. Teaching them what respect is.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's all a game to you on here, you just play your verbal sparring tricks trying to wind people up, another word for that is trolling. I'm not playing, anything you say is just so you can argue with someone. It could be fun if this wasn't serious and you didn't say the same things whatever the subject everytime. :yawn:

Of course you are serious. But that doesn't make your argument right.

See I have heard this argument before. Kind of around 9 11. When plenty of very serious people suggested that moderate Muslims were some how linked to terrorist Muslims by their religion. And even though it is mostly not the case. The argument that most terrorists were Muslim so Muslims must be terrorists was very convincing for a lot of people.

Which then has this radicalisation effect that creates more terrorists.

Average Joe who is suddenly perceived as evil Average Joe. Isn't as inclined to help out.

What this does do is increase a biased perception of threat. When you allude to the idea that all men are rapists or that rape is inherently a man thing or moderate men should do more to combat extremist men. And Don talk about men victims because this isn't about men.

Not surprisingly you get the sort of push back you get.

Which means you can say you were right. Men don't care about violence. And you can create more of a perceived threat.

(And then at this point some special intrest group is sitting there with their hands out. But that is another issue)

It is only when you are not serious. When you can use humor or trolling to see the cracks in these arguments that you can create enough introspection to see these issues more clearly.

This is a human rights issue. Not a special intrest issue.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It starts with fathers teaching their male children to be gentlemen. Teaching them what respect is.

Not really. It starts at the moment with making life harder for violence or kidnapping or sexual misconduct to occur.

Because that will have an effect a lot quicker and is a lot more reliable.

Imagine what sort of effect a free taxi service would have for example.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not really. It starts at the moment with making life harder for violence or kidnapping or sexual misconduct to occur.

I disagree. If young men were raised with more discipline and the learning of respect, a great deal of those things would not occur in the first place.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I disagree. If young men were raised with more discipline and the learning of respect, a great deal of those things would not occur in the first place.

So we wait a couple of generations?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree Buka, but it takes a corporate solution. It starts at home definitely, but if the home culture is up to par should not societies/governments be as well? By virtue of osmosis if nothing else. In other words, there is nothing with stiffer penalties for crimes and a working system to support it.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Now you are making this a chicken or the egg argument. It takes people of character and moral integrity being in leadership and politics to facilitate the changes you mention. Where do you think these people come from? How did they become the person to facilitate change? I don't think it was because there first thoughts of character and morality was 'because I don't want to go to jail'.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now you are making this a chicken or the egg argument. It takes people of character and moral integrity being in leadership and politics to facilitate the changes you mention. Where do you think these people come from? How did they become the person to facilitate change? I don't think it was because there first thoughts of character and morality was 'because I don't want to go to jail'.

I think it would take to long to work. And I think the issue should be addressed now in a more practical way. So that women are safer.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some men may enjoy to be tortured by women.

Please notice that I use "some" and "may" here.

That is a terribly stupid statement. Men and women don't enjoy being tortured, no one does. If you are talking about certain sexual practices, it isn't torture. You probably should read up on it, it's very much about permissions and respect.

Latest Discussions