Grammar and spelling tips

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, they're certainly having a wild time over there

*goe's to the fridge to get another drink....all jealous at the action raedyn is getting over there*

shesulsa said:
WAAAHOOOO! Something to do while Dan continues the never-ending lapdance for Raedyn. They're still busy over there getting their groove on.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sarah said:
*Spot that pile of notes in Brad’s hands, strolls over casually to offer a lap dance!...after making Brad’s day I grab the pile of money and run over to Georgia giggling…..DRINKS ARE ON ME……hehehe*
That figures. Us poor guys can only watch. (sad face)

And here I offered to go to Columbus Gold with him.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
hmmmmm... good think I only showed off my "petty cash"... :D

C'mon Jason.. I know a couple girls at the Doll House... they'll treat us right...

:D

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are we not enough for you boys....hrm?????

OUMoose said:
hmmmmm... good think I only showed off my "petty cash"... :D

C'mon Jason.. I know a couple girls at the Doll House... they'll treat us right...

:D

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
*chuckles and checks his back pocket, only to find empty space where his real stash was*....

damn sneaky kiwi's...

Well, back to the drawing board...

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
You are underestimating the sneakiness of us MA chickybabes!!

OUMoose said:
*chuckles and checks his back pocket, only to find empty space where his real stash was*....

damn sneaky kiwi's...

Well, back to the drawing board...

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I didn't read 10 pages of posts, so I apologize if this has been mentioned. It's not a major thing, but it always stands out to me. Many people seem to misunderstand the difference between e.g. and i.e. On a quick web search I found that they stand for "exempli gratia" and "id est" or basically "for example" and "that is". So you shouldn't use i.e. if you're just giving an example and not including all possibilities. The first site I looked at also gave a little reminder -- think of "example given" for e.g. and "in effect" for i.e.

OP
Xequat

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nope, it hasn't been mentioned yet. Good one. I'd heard of "example given" for "exempli gratia," but not "in effect." I like it.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dronak said:
I didn't read 10 pages of posts, so I apologize if this has been mentioned. It's not a major thing, but it always stands out to me. Many people seem to misunderstand the difference between e.g. and i.e. On a quick web search I found that they stand for "exempli gratia" and "id est" or basically "for example" and "that is". So you shouldn't use i.e. if you're just giving an example and not including all possibilities. The first site I looked at also gave a little reminder -- think of "example given" for e.g. and "in effect" for i.e.
As with many terms and language we've borrowed from Latin, they've become their own terms not wholly specific to the root. e.g., in American English, means "for example" and i.e. means "that is". Other stipulations do not apply in common usage, though if you reference the Q.E.D or other references I'm sure you'll find dissenting information. But here in uncultured America, those are the definitions.

(Looks at his watch and wonders when we can leave the strip joint and start the real drinking.)

Pete
(five years Latin)

Latest Discussions