Got my butt whopped by a Kickboxing champion until I started jabbing him

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
How could a simple flick of the wrist be such a potent weapon against a kicker? Well, it is!

Are Kickboxers not used to constant jabbing? It totally upset his rhytm. He was much more skilled than I.

My belief in boxing grows by the minute, even against kickboxers...

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are Kickboxers not used to constant jabbing?

Yes they are, just not this one it seems. You should be very careful not to classify all kickboxers by one person, it will lead to you getting nasty surprises.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kickboxing has exactly the same punches as boxing so yes they should know to deal with a jab...kickboxing is boxing with kicks hence the name kickBOXING

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes they are, just not this one it seems. You should be very careful not to classify all kickboxers by one person, it will lead to you getting nasty surprises.

He was a Serbian National Champion in Kickboxing.

Kickboxing has exactly the same punches as boxing so yes they should know to deal with a jab...kickboxing is boxing with kicks hence the name kickBOXING

No. Kickboxing is a hole different ball game. Different stances, footwork, bodymechanics, headmovement, strategies etc.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score

No. Kickboxing is a hole different ball game. Different stances, footwork, bodymechanics, headmovement, strategies etc.
And how do you know this...you don't train in boxing we all know that since you've been asking if it's worth it and I'm willing to bet you haven't done kickboxing either since you're saying about testing for your black belt next year so Im assuming it's not kickboxing you do

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

National/international championships don't mean much, considering how many different organizations there are. I met a national champion in karate (forget what org.), in order to get that she had to beat 3 other people. Much less impressive when you scrutinize it.

And kickboxing is different, but a lot of it is the same. They absolutely know how to deal with jab/cross/hook/uppercut combos.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Lol stop embarrassing yourself man I've trained and competed in both there's not much difference at all. In fact for most of my boxing matches I trained in a kickboxing club because it was more convenient for me. There's loads of kickboxing who fight in boxing matches because at least in my area there's more boxing cards than kickboxing so if it was completely different they wouldn't be able to. You need to stop making up stuff to make yourself sound clever because there's experts in pretty much every style here and lies will get caught very quick

KenpoBoxer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Okay I'm calling bs on this story. You're telling me a taekwondo brown belt (or the equivalent) who's only been training 4 years beat up a kickboxing champion...by throwing a jab...yeah sorry not believing this I'm afraid

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay I'm calling bs on this story. You're telling me a taekwondo brown belt (or the equivalent) who's only been training 4 years beat up a kickboxing champion...by throwing a jab...yeah sorry not believing this I'm afraid

Were did I write that I beat him up?

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol stop embarrassing yourself man I've trained and competed in both there's not much difference at all. In fact for most of my boxing matches I trained in a kickboxing club because it was more convenient for me. There's loads of kickboxing who fight in boxing matches because at least in my area there's more boxing cards than kickboxing so if it was completely different they wouldn't be able to. You need to stop making up stuff to make yourself sound clever because there's experts in pretty much every style here and lies will get caught very quick

I don't believe you have. Your just as much of a pretender as your twin brother. Anybody claiming that kickboxing has the same punching mechanics as boxing could not possibly have done either one.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't believe you have. Your just as much of a pretender as your twin brother. Anybody claiming that kickboxing has the same punching mechanics as boxing could not possibly have done either one.
Lol twin? Wtf have you been smoking....you haven't done either of them we all know that you haven't yet you're claiming to be an expert and telling professional fighters there technique is wrong and telling us all how you're guaranteed your black belt. I have done them trust me unlike some I don't know to make up garbage to big myself up I know I've done them and I honestly don't if you believe me but I know what I say is true can't say the same for you

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
oh well see ..that explains it. everyone knows that Serbian kickboxers have a weakness for being poked or punched in the nose. their eyes have a blind spot in the center of their face. the Ottomans took good advantage of this during the Balkan wars of 1912. the Ottomans would just walk right up to them and poke them in the nose with a long stick and it would send them running. in fact that is how the Ottomans took over Serbia, there was a lot of finger poking in the nose going on back then.

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
He had such an overwhelming advantage on theoretical scorecards that me coming back around the end made no difference, but it would have been interesting if we had started over again. It was a 3 minute sparring encounter.

I will challenge him tommorow and see how he does then.

KenpoBoxer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
image.jpg

OP
Axiom

Axiom

Black Belt
Reaction score
oh well see ..that explains it. everyone knows that Serbian kickboxers have a weakness for being poked or punched in the nose. their eyes have a blind spot in the center of their face. the Ottomans took good advantage of this during the Balkan wars of 1912. the Ottomans would just walk right up to them and poke them in the nose with a long stick and it would send them running. in fact that is how the Ottomans took over Serbia, there was a lot of finger poking in the nose going on back then.

You mean to tell me that national champions are poor representatives? If he was stunned, how on earth would an average guy do? I just mentioned his nationality in case anyone wondered.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Go away, troll.
Lol don't worry I ain't wasting my time on your threads anymore..now quick you better go catch up with Rodger gracie to tell him how his Jiu Jitsu technique is bad

Latest Discussions