Good/bad/indifferent

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My job takes me to Lewisburg, Wva 5 days a week. While there I've befriended a fellow who is just starting out in the martial arts. He asked what I thought of this school as he's just begun training there. I honestly couldn't tell him anything as I'm not a TKD-ist but promised him I'd ask those of you here that may be able to make an informed opinion. So, what do ya'll think? Good school? Bad school? Doesn't matter so long as the guy is having fun and getting what he wants? Thanks in advance for your answers.

igillman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Looks OK. $30 per week is a little on the high side, normally you can find somewhere for under $100 per month. 8th Dan Kukkiwon looks a little high ranking but it is still possible, especially for Koreans.

As long as the guy is having fun and getting what he wants it really doesn't matter too much.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The fee is a little high but with today economy it is probaly in line, I do and have meet him very good instructor. The only thig is I do not remember when he became an 8th, but with him being Korean that is highly possible. If your friend is having fun and is enjoying himself then I am ok with it.

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'm glad to hear that it's getting good reviews. The first school that the guy attended was prime for the Horror Stories forum. He quit for about 6 months or so. Eventually, he approached me about TKD in general and this school in particular. I explained that I'd never studied TKD and for years had had a dim view of it but after getting to know folks here on MT who study the art had come to the conclusion that it's a very worthwhile art with the right instructor. I'll be sure to pass on your having met the instructor to him, Terry. Thanks again, guys.

Latest Discussions