GoDaddy

M

MisterMike

Has anyone ever tried these guys' hosting plans? Are they reliable? Any popups?

For the same price as the provider I have now, I can get Access,SQL Server or MySQL added, so I was thinking of giving it a shot.

Thanks,
Mike

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've looked at them. Heard good things about them. However, anyone know how to actually purchase the name, rather than paying annual fees? I'd be interested in purchasing a domain, but not really "leasing" one.

MrH

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I recommend Godaddy for domain names. I don't recommend them for hosting. We lease 1 server through them, and to put it bluntly, I've been less than thrilled. The techs insisted that something we needed done wasn't allowed by Arin (the guys who control IP addresses), despite the fact that it was a-required by most ISPs to accept email, and b-I was doing it at that moment at the other 2 data centers we have servers at.

The general consensus at WebHostingTalk was use them for domains, but get hosting elsewhere.

As to domain names, you can't buy them. Just rent them annually.

OP
M

MisterMike

OK, thanks everyone. I certainly don't anticipate a lot of traffic at my site, so for just keeping an internet presence, maybe I'll give 'em a try.

I'm in no rush though.

Thanks!

OP
M

MisterMike

Ohhhh....I see . I'll have to check into them too ;)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use GoDaddy for registration, and Kaith for the heavy lifting.

(No, I have no intention of calling him 'Bob Hubbard' instead of Kaith. I'm a creature of habit!)

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use Kaith.

'nuff said.

Cthulhu

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Never used GoDaddy, but for some reason their commercials always stick out in my mind... :D

Latest Discussions