Goals for 2008

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What are some of your personnal goals for 2008, in the term as training goes. What are to trying to accomplish when the year ends.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Training - I intend to spend more time practicing; I need to be able to do more tuls without stopping (aerobic conditioning), lose some more weight, and maybe get some type of treadmill to help with both.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For more it is simple get more flexible and loose wieght, I train everyday so when I train this year I would love to focus more on application and there hidden meaning.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am wanting to get back my full range of motion for my kicking, lose some big time weight(I have been lax on my dietary), learn the rest of the Tul, make a difference in the lives of my students, and compete again.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My goals are to 1) Loose the 15 lbs that I gained in my desk job. 2) Open up the 2 schools that I'm planning to to very soon. 3) Watch a few dear friends test for 2nd Dan in February. 4) Teach my students to be want good people & great MA-ists.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Start up Taekwondo again.

I've been doing some Hapkido the last year and a half but I've been out of class for the last month and a half and I'm ready to start back up again with Taekwondo

tkd_Jaz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I want to be able to do the full splits both front and side. I think it's a realistic goal, plust also I want to overall improve my fluency (as in being more smooth when doing combos or patterns....)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My personal goals at this time are focused on my learning more from a couple of instructors that I know, along with making my forms flow even better.
Perhaps I will look at teaching a few seminars and get out in the spring and summer to meet more of the folks here on MT

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
To start one of the aspects of my social work internship: teaching Tae Kwon Do to at-risk populations (teens, women, female teens of color).

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would like to see my student base grow. We're plugging away but it would be nice to have a handful of others. Lastly, is to have a great time training each & every time. We always have a great time together training. My students & I have an awesome mesh of personalities to where we joke, have fun, do some training, sweat, then come back again. It's great to be this way.

MikeSlisher

White Belt
Reaction score
After a couple heart attacks, and being out of TKD for close to 10 years, my goals for '08 are as follows:

Lose 50 pounds
Be able to do all hyungs up to my 3rd Dan (ITF style) level again
Gain some aerobic capacity back
Be able to complete a 1 1/2 workout without having to stop
Gain some flexibility back. (Although at 54 years of age, it ain't gonna be what it was even when I was 40. I could do full splits then. I probably will never be able to do those again.)

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These sound like great goals, Mike. Take it slow & steady. Being consistent is the most important part.

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I want to be like Mike. Lose 50lbs. Be an example to the younger people in my dojang. Be a martial artist in my everyday life, not just in my training.

Latest Discussions