GM Park, Hae Man redux

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I spent Thursday thru Saturday with my instructor GM Edward Sell & his instructor, GM Park, Hae Man at the annual US Chung Do Kwan Assoc. Conference in Florida.

GM Park was kind enough to show us all a series of photos on a CD that showed the history of Taekwondo & Chung Do Kwan, specifically. He matter-of-factly pointed out people in the pictures like Jhoon Rhee & Gen. Choi. This man is a walking history museum of Taekwondo.

Yesterday, I was in a class where GM Park went over Koryo thru Pyongwon (sp?). It was amazing! Learning Taebek & Pyongwon for the 1st time from GM Park himself was unbelieveable.

I met a lot of great folks at this conference. One of them was our own Last Fearner. Master Eisenhart is a really great guy, a man who truly loves the Arts, & a true gentleman. It was a pleasure getting to know him.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iceman I'm glad you had a great time and I bet it was a pleasure meeting Last fearner he seems like a very nice guy. It sounded great about the history lesson given could you expand on that for us?
Terry

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Iceman I'm glad you had a great time and I bet it was a pleasure meeting Last fearner he seems like a very nice guy. It sounded great about the history lesson given could you expand on that for us?
Terry

GM Park had pictures on a photo CD that told a history of his experiencing with Chung Do Kwan & Taekwondo. It wasn't mapped out that way or organized in order. It was like your uncle showing you family photos & telling stories. For example, GM Lee, Won Kuk, the Chung Do Kwan founder, taught class in a church sanctuary in Korea. He had pictures of those classes in the church. In fact, GM Sell tested for his 2nd Dan in that church. It was like those old pictures that Ken Burns would use in a documentary if he did one on TKD. GM Sell said that a lot of those photos he'd never seen before.

The funny part was that he said he had about 15 minutes of photos. It went on for an hour & he had more.:)

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad you both had a great seminar! The photos sound like they were really cool too! Nice photo of you and GM Park in your avatar.

Besides Poomsae, what else was covered at your conference (of course, if there are 'trade secrets' don't want you to disclose those)?

Miles

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There was GM Sell's Certified Instructors Training course. There were classes on teaching tips. GM Park designed a group of basic techniques for the USCDKA he appropriately called Keibons. Daniel Sterling did a number of XMA classes (that man is awesome!). GM Sell also did a free-sparring seminar. USCDKA sparring allows punches to the face. He said he feels that the WTF has missed the boat when they changed the rules.

A good time was had by all.

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
IcemanSK said:
I met a lot of great folks at this conference. One of them was our own Last Fearner. Master Eisenhart is a really great guy, a man who truly loves the Arts, & a true gentleman. It was a pleasure getting to know him.

Alright Iceman!! I told you not to tell anyone here what I was really like! :lol:

That does it! Now I'm going to tell everyone what you're really like . . .

I had the pleasure of meeting Iceman at the US Chung Do Kwan 2006 Spring Conference in Florida, and found out he is an awesome individual. He has a wonderful personality, is very friendly, and "passionate" about his Taekwondo training! We had a great time, learned a lot, a shared many special, historical moments with Sr. Grandmaster Edward Sell, his teacher, Grandmaster Hae Man Park, and many other highly qualifed Masters and Grandmasters (including my teacher, Grandmaster Al Smith, 8th Dan, of Masters Taekwondo in Huntsville, Alabama).

Although Iceman and I have communicated via this formum, and e-mails for a while now, we definately established a more personal friendship, and fellowship by meeting in person. He is a relly nice guy, and I hope that we meet again in the very near future.

There, Iceman, now they know the truth about you! (lol) :ultracool

Chief Master Eisenhart

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like an absolute blast and an unforgettable experience! Congratulations! How do you guys find the time....

btw. I don't like either one o' ya! :uhyeah:

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Sounds like an absolute blast and an unforgettable experience! Congratulations! How do you guys find the time....

btw. I don't like either one o' ya! :uhyeah:

Well I'll admit it did put a strain on my MT time. But it was worth it!:ultracool

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last Fearner said:
Alright Iceman!! I told you not to tell anyone here what I was really like! :lol:

That does it! Now I'm going to tell everyone what you're really like . . .

I had the pleasure of meeting Iceman at the US Chung Do Kwan 2006 Spring Conference in Florida, and found out he is an awesome individual. He has a wonderful personality, is very friendly, and "passionate" about his Taekwondo training! We had a great time, learned a lot, a shared many special, historical moments with Sr. Grandmaster Edward Sell, his teacher, Grandmaster Hae Man Park, and many other highly qualifed Masters and Grandmasters (including my teacher, Grandmaster Al Smith, 8th Dan, of Masters Taekwondo in Huntsville, Alabama).

Although Iceman and I have communicated via this formum, and e-mails for a while now, we definately established a more personal friendship, and fellowship by meeting in person. He is a relly nice guy, and I hope that we meet again in the very near future.

There, Iceman, now they know the truth about you! (lol) :ultracool

Chief Master Eisenhart

Sorry I outed you as a nice guy, sir. I won't do it again. BUT HE REALLY IS, Y'ALL:CTF:

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sort of off-topic, but I think it is great when MTers get a chance to meet each other and train. The USCDKA Conference sounded like a super event and I am glad you gentlement got a chance to meet and sweat together. :)

Miles

Latest Discussions