Give Me Strength!

Athelus

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's a slippery slope, first all metal cutlery is banned, then they outlaw sporks. Then you have Cutlery dealers inside cricket grounds flogging their wares for scandolous prices. It all eventually leads to a Silverware Revolution and the blood will wash through the streets of all cricket ground city's.

You heard about it here first.

This post is in no way affiliated with the Underground Movement of Sporks'n'Forks

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Brought to you from the country who gave us the "stabless knife" not too long ago.

Sukerkin, pretty soon you're going to have to leave your tachi at home when you go to watch cricket.

Pax,

Chris

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I love the end of the article where it states that they would have offered them plastic spoons, and they were planning on contacting the couple to explain the reason behind their policy. Ahem, 1: the lady said she couldn't risk leaving the metal spoons because they were borrowed, and 2: what kind of idjit doesn't understand the "reason"--it's just carried to ridiculous extremes.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brought to you from the country who gave us the "stabless knife" not too long ago.

Sukerkin, pretty soon you're going to have to leave your tachi at home when you go to watch cricket.

Pax,

Chris

Didn't take long for the Brit bashing to start.

Neither the country not the government brought in a stabless knife, an individual 'invented' it and it hasn't sold anywhere. Besides this incident is in a different country which has a different language and different government.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
MY GOD MAN!!!!

Spoon is the Battle cry of the tick

The_Tick_by_GraphicBrat.jpg

Can you blame them for not letting them in

Last edited by a moderator:

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Didn't take long for the Brit bashing to start.

Much longer than it took you to bash me, Tez :rolleyes: Or are you OK with Archangel M's nanny state comment? Yes, that's much less scathing than what I said :lol:

Neither the country not the government brought in a stabless knife, an individual 'invented' it and it hasn't sold anywhere. Besides this incident is in a different country which has a different language and different government.

Colloquially it's completely fine to refer to "the country" when talking about the stabless knife. People do that all the time even if something isn't "officially" set forth by the government. Maybe it would have been more accurate for me to have said "From the same KINGDOM that brought us the stabless knife."

My apologies about thinking the story was from England, however. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the English and the Welsh. >zing< ;)

Pax,

Chris

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid people do stupid things, no country has a monopoly on stupid, just that some take delight in pointing out how stupid everyone must be because of individuals stupidity. A couple of stupid Welshmen have nothing to do with an English designer who thought he could make a few quid by inventing a knife for use in mental hospitals and prisons. So the guy is naive, where is the harm in that? At leat he thought of doing something to try and end knife crime however silly, more than the government has done. So easy to condemn, so hard to actually come up with ideas that actually work though.

Calling us a nanny state is pointless tbh, calling you a communist country is just as accurate. And you wonder why we bite back every so often on other threads and on here. My prayer is that we get a leader who will pull our soldiers out from fighting in your wars while you condescend and patronise us. Yeah another f****** bad day in Afghan and we get this bollocks, 'nanny state', you have no idea at all.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Stupid people do stupid things, no country has a monopoly on stupid, just that some take delight in pointing out how stupid everyone must be because of individuals stupidity. A couple of stupid Welshmen have nothing to do with an English designer who thought he could make a few quid by inventing a knife for use in mental hospitals and prisons. So the guy is naive, where is the harm in that? At leat he thought of doing something to try and end knife crime however silly, more than the government has done. So easy to condemn, so hard to actually come up with ideas that actually work though.

Calling us a nanny state is pointless tbh, calling you a communist country is just as accurate. And you wonder why we bite back every so often on other threads and on here. My prayer is that we get a leader who will pull our soldiers out from fighting in your wars while you condescend and patronise us. Yeah another f****** bad day in Afghan and we get this bollocks, 'nanny state', you have no idea at all.

It was a bad day for everyone and a lot of people on both sides of the Atlantic are not happy about it one little bit :asian:

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
It seems to me that there is a bit of "you can dish it out but you can't take it" around here at times. Condescension and Patronization? Please we are put paint-by-numbers amateurs in that European art-form.

Coalition deaths in Afghanistan by country

USA: 1,140
UK: 327
Canada: 150
Germany: 47
France: 45

Lets not play games with the value of who's soldiers lives are worth more here...

PS-An American didn't start this thread.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score

Tez, you obviously just don't get American humor. It's often marked by an appreciation for the absurd, skewering the establishment, humo(u)r found in everyday experiences and eccentricity. Things people like you Welsh, er... English wouldn't understand ;)

>zing<

Pax,

Chris

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that there is a bit of "you can dish it out but you can't take it" around here at times. Condescension and Patronization? Please we are put paint-by-numbers amateurs in that European art-form.

Coalition deaths in Afghanistan by country

USA: 1,140
UK: 327
Canada: 150
Germany: 47
France: 45

Lets not play games with the value of who's soldiers lives are worth more here...

PS-An American didn't start this thread.

Its not a case of who's lives are worth more and I'm really sick of the games some of you play on here, twisting words and meanings to makes something else. Some poor sod makes a pointless knife and you mock and jeer, at least however misguided he was he was trying to do something for good, not sitting at a computer making snide remarks. Two stupid people take a health and safety thing too far and instead of laughing at them we get pompous posts and comments about other countries. How good does it feel to be superior to idiots?

Oh and it's not the lives of one that worth more than another, its the death of a good friend and colleague who had lost both legs from the hip, an arm, a hand and a quarter of brain.

For future insults I'm half Scottish and half Dutch.

Latest Discussions