Girlfriends friend punched me in the face.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you've stated before you're from the U.K.? Pickup trucks are pretty common in the US. I know there's the stereotypical view of a redneck with a pickup truck with a hunting rifle in the back window but the reality is that they're just a common vehicle here. Hell, my wife has a Dodge Ram 1500 and she's a California raised Filipina.

Me, I prefer a truck loving chick over a Porsche loving one anyways.

Here where I live in England 4x4s are common, country people want transport for all weathers as well as rough and off roads, what you call pick ups are popular here now.

Nice isn't it :) not too clever in the winter though.
swaledale.jpg

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's Swaledale, North Yorkshire, believe it or not just down the road is the biggest military garrison in Europe ( and a very good martial arts club!)
My Mum was stationed there in WWII during D-Day. That used to be one of her big rants ... " hundreds of thousands of American G.I.'s in my home town (she was from South Hampton)), and I was stationed in North Yorkshire and missed them all!" :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Mum was stationed there in WWII during D-Day. That used to be one of her big rants ... " hundreds of thousands of American G.I.'s in my home town (she was from South Hampton)), and I was stationed in North Yorkshire and missed them all!" :)

Small world! is your mum still with us?
Some parts of the garrison are the same as they were in the First World War never mind the Second! To be honest little has changed outside the garrison though, takes a long time to change things in the country.

On a different point I am going down to Duxford Air Museum for the Battle of Britain Air Show in September. Duxford was a large American Air Force base during the Second World War, if anyone has a relative who was based there or a connection, I can take photos for you. There's a collection of World War Two aircraft based there both British and American.
Exhibitions

Sorry it's off topic but if people want to pass this around I'll happily take photos. Just PM me. There's also an American War Cemetery near to Duxford I can go to if anyone has someone there. Cambridge American Cemetery | American Battle Monuments Commission

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Small world! is your mum still with us?
Some parts of the garrison are the same as they were in the First World War never mind the Second! To be honest little has changed outside the garrison though, takes a long time to change things in the country.

On a different point I am going down to Duxford Air Museum for the Battle of Britain Air Show in September. Duxford was a large American Air Force base during the Second World War, if anyone has a relative who was based there or a connection, I can take photos for you. There's a collection of World War Two aircraft based there both British and American.
Exhibitions

Sorry it's off topic but if people want to pass this around I'll happily take photos. Just PM me. There's also an American War Cemetery near to Duxford I can go to if anyone has someone there. Cambridge American Cemetery | American Battle Monuments Commission
It's very generous of you to do this. We've taken pictures in cemeteries for folks before, at the national cemeteries in Phoenix and a few miles from my home here in Washington, but I wasn't aware it was done in the UK, as well. Although it makes perfect sense.

Latest Discussions