Girlfriends friend punched me in the face.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Word of advice. Don't jump out of the bed of a truck and scare women late at night. Now some of you may be wondering, Ironbear what does this have to do with martial arts? This has to do with martial arts because we always talk about self defense in live situations, and would we and others be able to remain calm and perform properly to defend ourselves/themselves?

Well, she was horrified and screaming, and still popped me real good right in the face. Apparently what her father and brother taught her, was good enough. She turned around looking over her shoulder, saw me with a Jason mask on identifying her assailant/target, then threw a nice roundhouse haymaker keeping it tucked into her body up until coming full circle.

I am totally talented enough to block it, but you know, the mask impairs peripheral vision and all, it was also bad lighting. Anyway, we all had a great laugh about it and she felt terrible, kept apologizing but I couldn't help continue laughing. Sure I got my bell rung and was a bit disoriented, but the look on her face was priceless.

I think sometimes we don't give ourselves enough credit for what and how we train. If so little can go a long way with her then with others a lot could go farther.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Word of advice. Don't jump out of the bed of a truck and scare women late at night. Now some of you may be wondering, Ironbear what does this have to do with martial arts? This has to do with martial arts because we always talk about self defense in live situations, and would we and others be able to remain calm and perform properly to defend ourselves/themselves?

Well, she was horrified and screaming, and still popped me real good right in the face. Apparently what her father and brother taught her, was good enough. She turned around looking over her shoulder, saw me with a Jason mask on identifying her assailant/target, then threw a nice roundhouse haymaker keeping it tucked into her body up until coming full circle.

I am totally talented enough to block it, but you know, the mask impairs peripheral vision and all, it was also bad lighting. Anyway, we all had a great laugh about it and she felt terrible, kept apologizing but I couldn't help continue laughing. Sure I got my bell rung and was a bit disoriented, but the look on her face was priceless.

I think sometimes we don't give ourselves enough credit for what and how we train. If so little can go a long way with her then with others a lot could go farther.
id be expecting her to consider her boy friend options in the near future, not only do you own a pick up truck, you jump of ur wearing a mask and,scare her, she must be able to do better, surely

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I hate to rain on your parade, but you are really lucky that she wasn't carrying a knife or a gun.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ironbear, I think speaking for the board.....we would like to offer that young lady a heartfelt......Thank You! :D

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well yeah anyone can throw a punch heck 5 years can throw punches

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

You and your adventures lol

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm glad your friend decided to punch back. In real life most criminal attackers don't expect the woman to fight back. I think this is a natural instinct in humans because you see the same thing in predatory animals when hunting. Always pick the prey that going to cause the smallest amount of damage. I can only assume that more so for women, the attacker assumes that she's weaker and less willing and able to fight back.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whats wrong with owning a pickup truck?
there's bit err utility , I've got nothing against them throw the pit bull in, load up the gun rack and put a dirt bike on the back, but they don't float a lot of girls boat, sports cars usually work as can lux saloons, but they bother with you despite the truck, until James in his new Porsche offers them a spin, then you never see them again

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
id be expecting her to consider her boy friend options in the near future, not only do you own a pick up truck, you jump of ur wearing a mask and,scare her, she must be able to do better, surely

I didn't scare her, I scared her friend. Lol I'm not some sort of crazy redneck. I'm not even white, Hispanic Hawaiian mutt here.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
there's bit err utility , I've got nothing against them throw the pit bull in, load up the gun rack and put a dirt bike on the back,

Again, not a redneck, I don't need a pitbull I got 4 Chihuahuas. Dirt bikes are cool though, there is no getting around that.

SOD-WC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
you are real luck she didnt do the foot stright up into the nuts. Now that would be a much funnier ending (not for you).

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
there's bit err utility , I've got nothing against them throw the pit bull in, load up the gun rack and put a dirt bike on the back, but they don't float a lot of girls boat, sports cars usually work as can lux saloons, but they bother with you despite the truck, until James in his new Porsche offers them a spin, then you never see them again

I think you've stated before you're from the U.K.? Pickup trucks are pretty common in the US. I know there's the stereotypical view of a redneck with a pickup truck with a hunting rifle in the back window but the reality is that they're just a common vehicle here. Hell, my wife has a Dodge Ram 1500 and she's a California raised Filipina.

Me, I prefer a truck loving chick over a Porsche loving one anyways.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think you've stated before you're from the U.K.? Pickup trucks are pretty common in the US. I know there's the stereotypical view of a redneck with a pickup truck with a hunting rifle in the back window but the reality is that they're just a common vehicle here. Hell, my wife has a Dodge Ram 1500 and she's a California raised Filipina.

Me, I prefer a truck loving chick over a Porsche loving one anyways.
I'd say about half the households in my area have a pickup truck of some kind. Might not be the daily use vehicle, but they are very handy. Everyone's got something to haul around, whether it's moving dirt, lumber or someone's furniture. :)

Latest Discussions