GI weights?

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have been looking at different brands of GIs for sale. I have noticed that one brand will list it's 10 oz GI as middle weight while another will list it's 10 oz GI as hea vy weight. How can the same weight be light, medium or heavy weight?

gyoja

Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at different brands of GIs for sale. I have noticed that one brand will list its 10 oz GI as middle weight while another will list it's 10 oz GI as hea vy weight. How can the same weight be light, medium or heavy weight?
It is up to the manufacturer.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at different brands of GIs for sale. I have noticed that one brand will list it's 10 oz GI as middle weight while another will list it's 10 oz GI as hea vy weight. How can the same weight be light, medium or heavy weight?
Keikogi weight is yet to be codified and then standardised by the ‘International Bureau of Weights and Measures’ (Bureau international des poids et mesures) but I’m sure it’s on their to do list.

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
found this.

Lightweight Kyokushin Embroidered Gi​

10 oz triple stitched bleached gi with Kyokushin kanji. 100% cotton canvas with 0% shrinkage. Triple stitched all around. Extra padding in shoulder area to absorb sweat. Extra thick lapel for self defense moves. Easy flow drawstring system. White belt and patches included with purchase.

And immediately next to it this, same brand/seller:

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
My previous above was posted by accident and is unfinished. I apoligize for my error.

Latest Discussions