GGM Reeders's Tibetan Tai Chi

GuruJim1

Green Belt
Reaction score
For those that doesn't know who Williem Reeders is he was one of the top Indonesian Kuntao Masters in the world. Also known as Liu Seong he was most noted for his Liu Seong Gung Fu and Tibetan Tai Chi. I hope you enjoy the vid.

GGM Reeders's Tibetan Tai Chi

Trent

Green Belt
Reaction score
That was nice, thanks. It looks incredibly similar to Uncle Bill's "Tai Keah" set, or the Indonesian Tai Chi we study. I've never heard of any Tibetan influence, or seen any similarities in other Tibetan martial arts.

I did enjoy the clip! Mas Reeders had some great material.

brokenbonz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
humm very interesting. Does tibetan tai chi follows the same lineages of chinese tai chi?

redantstyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
well, i know the Reeders system, and the man in the video pretty well and this form is not the Tibetan Taichi.

It's Indonesian Taichi.

regards.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
It doesn't look like any of the Tibetan stuff I've seen, but it's an interesting clip.
Thanks for posting.
David

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had never heard of either Tibetan or Indonesian Tai Chi. Very interesting to watch in action. I'll be interested in seeing more of either one, and in learning the roots and theory underlying them.

Thank you!

redantstyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
sorry to report i can be of little help beyond offering up some slightly educated conjecture...

i have never seen the Tibetan tai chi set. there is a school in albaquerque that teaches it. i would hazard a guess that it actually might be this:

or not.

the Indonesian taichi is also of relatively unknown origin, at least to me. I dont rely practice teh taichi, rather i do the 'gung fu' end of the system. best i can say is that it is 'like' the gung fu, but done with taichi flavor/mechanics/techniques.

not a very substantial response to be sure, but it comes with the territory with my system. it is both a 'mixed' art, and fairly 'closed'. some styles have a history that is well documented. unfortunately, we have alot of gaps in the collective understanding of things.

the kung fu is pretty good, but the background is a bit murky.

regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions